Cardno Emerging Markets UK (Cardno) is looking to recruit an experience professional in the role of Framework Manager (FM), to ensure: efficient management of implementation, rapid response to requests of services to be provided and active participation in offers; high and competitive quality of nominated teams; effective backstopping and support to fielded teams; quality control of outputs; good communication with the main counterparts; accurate budget monitoring; and timely administration of all the processes.
About the role
The incumbent shall provide business development and management inputs with primary focus on the following framework contracts implemented by Cardno:
- EC SIEA FWC 2018: Lot 2 – Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs;
- Policy Support Facility for the Implementation of EU Foreign Policy - PSF 2019 Worldwide- LOT 3 - Trade and market access.
The incumbent shall support the implementation of:
- EC SIEA FWC 2018: Lot 1 – Sustainable Management of Natural Resources and Resilience (dedicated input); Lot 3 – Human Rights, Democracy and Peace; and Lot 4 – Human Development and safety net, as needed;
- Other potential EC Technical Assistance contracts or Framework contracts/opportunities.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will entail in particular:
- Communication with partners and Contracting Authority;
- Managing the operational procedures in place;
- Expert searches and selection and nomination of candidates for the offers in response to the issued Requests for Services, using all various approved databases and networks as appropriate;
- Conduct internal evaluations and selection of teams for the offers;
- Ensure the curricula vitae of nominated consultants are correctly formatted and respond appropriately to the Request;
- Negotiate terms and conditions with nominated consultants;
- Ensure and quality assure the preparation and furnishing of a competitive, high-standard Organization and Methodology to be presented in offers through a combination of direct inputs and collation of technical inputs from external specialised consultants.
- Prepare full comprehensive financial offers for submission to the Clients;
- Liaise with the lead firms and contracting authorities on contractual, financial and administrative issues; use the adopted online management platforms and follow the stipulations of the Operations Manuals.
- Ensure that all the terms and conditions with the Consultants are agreed upon and necessary contracts are concluded before consultants are mobilised;
- Mobilise consultants in an efficient and timely manner;
- Backstop teams in the field, i.e. provision of logistic, administrative and management support and coordination;
- Ensure that the performance of the Consultants hired by Cardno is up to the required level,;
- Carry out field missions when necessary;
- Ensure that reports are formatted, corrected, quality controlled, and submitted in a timely manner;
- Ensure the cost control of contracts;
- Ensure, in liaison with accounts staff, that payment invoices under the specific assignments are prepared and submitted in a timely manner;
- Ensure timely receipt of consultants’ invoices and follow stipulated process of invoice processing.
- Deliver the necessary inputs for monthly reporting purposes.
- Keeps the project information on the project management database up-to-date, comprehensive and accurate.
- Assist with business development and tender processes for securing the new framework contracts/agreements;
- Work efficiently as part of a bid team on the larger requests for services.
- Contribute to corporate thinking and the strategic development of the company;
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of strategy meetings;
- Deputise for the Manager of the EU Frameworks Unit on framework contract issues in her absence, as needed.
The position will be based in Cardno’s office in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire, with some flexibility to work from home.
The ideal candidate will possess as a minimum the following educational background and experience:
- University degree (preferably Masters level) in a subject relevant to international development;
- Proven levels of professional experience to correspond to the advertised role;
- Proven track record in winning and successfully managing international development projects;
- Possessing similar experience to the advertised role, in managing Framework contracts and/or EC-financed technical assistance assignments at procurement and implementation stages, will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Working knowledge of EU \procedures for external aid;
- Fluency in English; proficiency in French;
- Excellent and demonstrable technical writing, verbal and presentation skills.
About the Organization
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.cardno.com/emergingmarkets