Start date: November 2020
End date: March 2021
Status: Part time
Based in: Mexico City
Prosperity Fund Mexico - Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, the objective of the Prosperity Fund Energy Programme (PFEP) is to support Mexico’s efforts to increase productivity and reduce poverty by addressing key market failures in the energy sector.
The Programme aims to support the consolidation of a solid and stable energy market that drives economic growth as well as increase access to energy services through lower electricity prices and creating formal employment opportunities to reduce poverty levels. The Programme aims to do this by matching UK capabilities with the identified market failures through capacity building and sharing best practice within the workforce, businesses and regulatory institutions. The Programme’s planned Interventions aim to deliver more productive and resilient men and women, businesses and government officials that support Mexico’s transition to a low carbon economy.
DAI seeks a consultant that will monitor the current strategies and follow up on new proposals that emerge from the continuous adaptation to the Programme’s needs and local context.
The consultant is expected to understand EPI Energía’s purpose and objectives to strengthen and monitor the strategies in alignment to them. EPI Energía is currently implementing two kinds of strategies: 1) pilot training courses and 2) activities that will support workforce and SMEs as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These strategies will be documented and evaluated to define the future services catalogue of EPI Energía.
Under the supervision of the Senior Analyst on Product Development:
- Assist in the communication with implementation partners, review of deliverables and monitor partners meeting schedules
- Follow-up on the contracts and payments administrative process with the Finance and Operations team in Mexico and in the UK; and identify immediate needs to solve to facilitate the progress of pilots and COVID-19 Strategies
- Collaborate with the Communications and Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation & Learning teams to oversee the Call for Applicants and participants’ selection processes
- Participate in the creation of new strategies
- Contribute to pilots and reporting activities according to the client’s needs
- Elaborate evidence-based justifications for new strategies
- Enable conversations with potential new partners
- Participation in meetings
- Reports or presentations
- Brief notes
- Monitoring and Reporting activities
- Market research for analysis of new proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, public administration, international relations, sociology or similar.
- Postgraduate or advanced degree is a plus
- Advanced English language, written and spoken
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with consulting or project management, preferably in the energy sector
Additional desirable requirements
- Knowledge of the Mexican energy sector
- Experience in social projects with a strong gender and inclusion focus
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Databases management
- Creative solution to problems
- Effective communication
- Able to manage different tasks in short periods of time
- Client orientation
- Gender sensitivity
- Analytical skills
- This contract will be temporary, and payment will be defined by hours worked to fulfil objectives.