World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As GAM Manager, Syria Response, you will will manage the GAM team (4-6+ staff) located in both Jordan and Turkey (pending funding). You will provide leadership and guidance across departments in the prepositioning, development, planning, acquisition, management and reporting of World Vision’s portfolio in Syria, Turkey, and Jordan. You will create, improve, and embed Grant Acquisition and Management systems and process throughout various response departments in order to strengthen and strategically direct World Vision’s Syria Response portfolio.
- Must have a degree or equivalent in relevant fields of study such as International Development, Political Relations, Economics, Sociology, or other related field.
- Knowledge of proposal and budget requirements and regulations of major donors including the OFDA, ECHO, DFID, UN agencies, German government.
- Familiarity with humanitarian codes, minimum standards, principles and practice.
- Multiple years experience in humanitarian grant acquisition and management, including in conflict contexts and including high-value bilateral donors.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Up to 25% travel (internationally), likely to Turkey.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 JUL 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.