Position located in Washington, DC
CAMRIS International, Inc. is an international development and research firm that provides innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, economical program and research management services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through CAMRIS International to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: GDL Strategic and Workforce Planning Advisor (USAID)
This position is located in the U. S. Global Development Lab (Lab), an organization established to harness the power of science, technology, innovation and partnership (STIP) and take promising innovations to global scale in order to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals.
The Lab will achieve this vision through a two-part mission:
1) produce breakthrough development innovations; and
2) accelerate the transformation of the U.S. development enterprise.
The Lab is piloting a variety of initiatives that require alternative talent sourcing approaches, statistical analysis, and workforce planning support. The contractor will report to the AMS Chief within the U.S. Global Development Lab.
* Develop, deploy, administer and pilot alternative operational approaches.
* Develop, deploy, administer and manage on-going feedback approaches, strategies and instruments to check in with staff regarding their understanding of the organization’s vision, their roles, how their team is working, their interaction with their supervisor and their work life balance in order to develop interventions that are laser focused on the specific issue.
* Determine the optimum rotational flow for the Lab, which currently has 80% of staff on time-limited appointments.
* Conduct on-going analysis of workforce demographics, occupations and productivity to provide strategies, approaches and recommendations to optimize workforce.
* Explore the role of the OI team in the new bureau (to start once T3 planning is released).
* Review technologies to support Adaptive management/procurement mechanisms.
* Design pilot project to test innovative, technology-based, remote knowledge management approach.
* Continue to support efforts to track in real-time the location of all our staff assigned and TDY overseas.
* Analytic Support and Special Projects for Lab Senior Management Team.
* Analytic Products for Proposed Organizational Heath Dashboard.
* Lead Lab activities around KM.CRM and other connectivity tools and groups as part of the T3 DDI transformation.
* Doctorate degree or equivalent in science or technology preferred
* At least 11+ years in progressive experience qualitative research, research methods, quantitative methods and statistical analysis
* Expertise in the development, deployment, analysis and management of employee engagement, team effectiveness and similar feedback instruments
* Work requires sophisticated data analysis produced by expert use of MS Excel, SPSS, SAS or similar statistical software
* Expertise in working across USAID, with in-depth understanding of USAID organizational structure, policies, procedures and key stakeholders to move forward change initiatives
* Expertise in development and pilot of alternative operational approaches and strategies and approaches as outlined below
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a security clearance.