The QED Group is preparing a proposal for the USAID/Bureau for Food Security (BFS) Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) activity, which will support USG agencies, missions, and implementing partners (IPs) to enhance existing and future Feed the Future and Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) programming through evidence-based efforts to increase women’s participation, productivity, profit, and benefit in agriculture and food systems. Components under this activity include:
Component 1: Design and Learning Services
AWE will support BFS, missions, and IPs to organize and apply relevant gendered evidence to design and work planning processes, including PAD/project-level and activity-level designs, and extending into regular work planning.
Component 2: Implementation Support Services
Component 2 will support the implementation of new interventions within existing agricultural activities to promote women’s participation, benefit, and empowerment as well as the scale-up of interventions with demonstrated success in improving women’s empowerment in agriculture.
Component 3: Good Practices Discovery
AWE aims to develop technical recommendations for particularly persistent and complex challenges to women’s empowerment in agriculture and food systems.
The QED Group is currently looking for a Gender and Agriculture Systems Advisor.
The Gender and Agriculture Systems Advisor will provide technical leadership, guidance, and oversight, especially for Component 2 and Component 3. This includes design and technical oversight of STTA scopes of work and products, ensuring quality and meeting client needs. S/he will contribute to and lead activities in Component 1 as relevant and may design and deliver training and other capacity-building for adult learners in gender and agriculture. S/he will provide short-term and potentially longer-term technical assistance in Components as relevant and will contribute to content and communications to support AWE knowledge management.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in agricultural economics or similar degree with expertise in the gender studies or development studies is required.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience in the intersections of gender and agricultural development; gender-sensitive value-chain analysis; and implementing, designing, or evaluating gender-sensitive and gender-transformative agricultural programming is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in research methods, monitoring and evaluation, and gender analysis.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to gender equality and female empowerment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Additional preferred qualifications include at least 3 years of experience in conducting research on gender, practical experience building skills of adult learners, resilience, and use of the WEAI (Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index).
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.