Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, health, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is a consortium partner in the Local Health System Sustainability Project (LHSS) under the USAID Integrated Health Systems IDIQ, which helps low- and middle-income countries transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means to support universal health coverage. The project works with partner countries and local stakeholders to reduce financial barriers to care and treatment, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all people, and improve the quality of health services. Led by Abt Associates, the five-year, $209 million project will build local capacity to sustain strong health system performance, supporting countries on their journey to self-reliance and prosperity.
Banyan Global is recruiting for short-term consultant to support gender integration and social inclusion efforts in an anticipated LHSS activity in Vietnam. The consultant will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will provide technical expertise on gender and social inclusion across all activities in the LHSS activity in Vietnam. This includes leading a desk-based gender and social inclusion review, gender and social inclusion action plan, and developing and delivering a training to all staff. Additionally, the Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will provide technical support integrating attention to gender and social inclusion issues related to:
- Increase and improve efficiency of domestic financing of HIV prevention and treatment services – LHSS will support the GVN to increase domestic financing and improve resource allocation and efficient use for HIV prevention and treatment services in Vietnam
- Strengthen the capacity of Vietnam’s supply chain management system – LHSS will work with the GVN to ensure a continuous and uninterrupted supply of best value, quality commodities that drive improved patient outcomes
- Integrate TB services into Social Health Insurance – LHSS will support the GVN to develop and implement a SHI integration/transition roadmap for TB services
- Support the GVN to strengthen their public financial management systems for public health and find greater efficiencies in SHI.
The advisor will also support the integration of GESI in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. The consultant will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- An advanced degree and at least seven (7) years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development
- Health sector experience
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Integrating attention to gender issues and social inclusion in research
- HIV- and TB-related programming
- Health policy and regulations
- Health financing/insurance schemes
- Experience with the following:
- Conducting gender analyses/assessments and action plans
- Designing and facilitating gender discussions, webinars, and trainings
- Supporting the design of outcome-focused gender M&E systems, structures, and indicators
- Developing and communicating the value proposition for gender and social inclusion
- Inclusive stakeholder engagement processes
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in: Word, PowerPoint, and online communication tools
- Familiarity with USAID
- Excellent team management and communication skills
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.