1. The hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Gender, Energy and Climate Change Expert
2. The services to be provided under the Assignment include: to support the Bank’s efforts to advance women economic empowerment (WEE) through innovative energy and climate change initiatives. The consultant will also be expected to:
i) Continuing operationalization of the Energy & Climate Change initiatives related to Gender;
ii) Advantageously positioning and influence in RMCs, policy reforms and other related networks on women’s economic empowerment and
iii) Supporting and engaging on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment with financing for climate change adaptation and mitigation;
iv) Increasing visibility of the Bank’s work and its progress in implementing the Gender Strategy.
3. The Gender, Women and Civil Society Department (AHGC) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested eligible consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (documentation, references for similar services, experience in comparable Assignments, etc.).
4. The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Rules and Procedure for the Selection of Corporate Consultants. Please, note that interest expressed by a consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include it in the shortlist.
5. The estimated duration of services is 12 months with possibility of renewal and the estimated starting date is 15th March 2018.
6. Interested individuals may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: (9h00. – 17h00 GMT).
7. Expressions of interest must be received at the address below no later than Wednesday 14th March 2018 at 17h30 GMT local time and specifically mentioning Gender, Energy and Climate Change Expert.
For the attention of:
Ms. Dana Elhassan
Senior Gender Expert
African Development Bank Group
Gender, Women and Civil Society Department
Immeuble du Centre de commerce International d’Abidjan CCIA
Avenue Jean-Paul II
01 BP 1387
Tel : +225 20268239/20264246
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy r.ijimbere@afdb
9. The shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end of the request of expression of interest. The consultants in the shortlist will be evaluated on the following criteria on the basis of the CVs and other documents received.