Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is seeking applications from qualified Egyptian candidates to serve as a Gender Specialist for an anticipated project building on USAID’s investments in assisting Egypt’s small farmers to export horticulture produce that meet international standards. The project will improve Egypt’s food security through increased income for farmers and expanded access to healthy and nutritious food for Egyptians.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that project activities address gender considerations, and that project activities specifically address the needs of women and men.
- Ensure that gender is integrated and mainstreamed across the program, including project design, implementation and monitoring, operations, as well as in staff training materials, policies and procedures.
- Pursue opportunities to promote the equitable professional development of women in assisted firms, associations, and institutions, particularly women’s access to land, water, information, credit, technology, training and leadership opportunities.
- Create a gender action plan to empower women small farmers and entrepreneurs. The Gender Specialist must monitor the gender action plan and link it to the overall monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender dimensions of technical activities and operations, and discuss gender issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Conduct gender analyses and research on gender norms and constraints in project locations in Egypt.
- Provide strategic technical guidance on gender integration to key personnel, project staff, government ministries, and project partners and stakeholders.
- Engage available and active women’s networks. Design and facilitate gender trainings for staff, stakeholders, and project clients to ensure that the project assesses and accounts for gender and youth considerations.
- Develop appropriate gender resources and tools for project staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender issues related to project components.
- Egyptian nationality.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory.
- Master’s Degree in international development, gender, or another related field.
- Five or more years of experience working on gender integration initiatives.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender issues and gender integration processes and techniques;.
- Strong negotiations and communications skills, and effective report-writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including experience with the selection and monitoring of effective gender indicators.
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender considerations into non-gender related programming.
- Experience working on USAID and/or other international donor-funded development programs.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.