Gender Specialist: (Foreign Nationals) Bangladeshi Nationals with Bangladeshi Passport are not eligible to apply.
No of Person: 3 person
Duration: 2-6 person months
I. Job Summary:
CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 94 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949. In CARE, we put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE is seeking CVs for short-term and long term inputs from experienced international experts (Foreign National) for the Gender Specialist position.
Gender Specialists (International) will perform the following responsibilities:
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
He/she should be able to provide strategic guidance and leadership to achive project objectives and work with high level government stakeholders. S/he will have to work with a multidisciplinary team.
A post-graduate university degree in social sciences or related discipline (an additional degree in engineering will be an advantage).
Experience of 15 years or more is preferred. He/she should have formal training in gender responsive analysis and planning, audit, training, M&E. S/he should have demonstrtated experience, skills and expertise in mainstreaming gender in the energy including rural electrification, rural livelihood and local government. He/she should have relevant experience with the energy, rural livelihood and local government sector in the Asia Pacific region. Exposure to issues related to `vulnerability’, accessibility and affordability related to energy resources and services will be preferred. He/she should also be familiar gender analysis tools and methodologies in the energy, livelihood and local government sector.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh’s e-recruitment site: http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home on or before July 29, 2018.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- CARE Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards discrimination, harassment and abuse. All employees are expected to abide by the Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse & Child Protection Policy of CARE Bangladesh.
- Internal and external applicants shall be treated equally in the entire selection process.
- There is no cost involved with applying for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent.