International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: General Accountant
Reports To: Project & Reporting Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
To be considered for this position, please apply here:https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2360/general-accountant/job
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a General Accountant. The successful candidate will support general accounting functions and collaborate with program managers and staff in the areas of project reporting, analysis, accounting and billing. Previous federal contracting project control or accounting experience desired.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable vouchers, general journal entries and billings.
- Perform account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Provide financial reports and analysis in support of federal contract programs.
- Prepare budget vs. actual reports and update project budgets accordingly.
- Provide guidance and support to program staff to ensure compliance with finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in audit activities.
- Research financial transactions and perform analysis as required.
- Respond to requests from consultants, vendors and employees by researching and interpreting data.
- Compile monthly project expenses from field offices and code, upload and post to accounting system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Federal contracting experience.
- Experience with Deltek/Costpoint and Quickbooks accounting software.
- Experience with USAID contracts.
- Previous experience with budget and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Observe the highest standards of business ethics and comply with all laws, regulations, and contract requirements that are applicable to the Company’s business.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Prior finance or accounting work experience or finance/accounting degree.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- One year of professional work experience
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business discipline required.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.