About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a General Manager to undertake, manage and grow technical inspections across both Health and General inspection business streams across multiple sectors potentially including Humanitarian, Utilities, Energy and Industrial. To contribute to establishing CA as a respected thought leader in international development inspection Services and to the development of a holistic Inspection offer for CA.
- Win new Inspection opportunities across both areas to help clients ensure the integrity of their purchases
- Network with clients, partners and associate consultants to enhance client awareness of CA services and capabilities
- Develop and manage relationships with senior clients and their teams, acting as a trusted expert advisor
- Identify new business opportunities, by helping clients identify further inspection needs and by identifying and developing potential new inspection clients.
- Undertake line management of relevant staff, supporting them to deliver excellent client outcomes, continually develop their skillset and ensuring future business continuity
- Develop, review and approve inspection reports before release to the client
- Manage financial inputs/analysis of CA Inspection Pvt (India) business as a part of the overall QAIS business including monthly reporting and narratives associated with forecasting and actuals back to CA Head of Quality Assurance and Inspection Services
- Own and ensure achievement of financial targets for CA Inspections Pvt (India)
- Develop and expand a database of new inspectors, aid the onboarding process and continually monitor the quality of inspection work undertaken to ensure it complies to the Crown Agents Q&A System
- Support and challenge all team members to meet or surpass agreed targets
- Contribute to and maintain refreshed relevant marketing material and utilise to aid business growth
- Contribute to and maintain refreshed website presence and utilise to aid business growth
- Develop and maintain a robust profitable pipeline for CA Inspections PVT (India) with an accurate forecast profile
- Strive to adopt new processes and procedures to allow more efficient ways of working across the inspection business
- Lead the development of a compelling CA Inspection service offer to clients across all potential sectors
- Ensure delivery of CA Inspections services continue to maintain renowned high levels of transparency and integrity
- Contribute to compelling and consistent thought leadership in Inspection Services through trade journals and social media
- Build a strong Track Record database through corporate systems for the Crown Agents India Inspection work
- Build and maintain alongside the corporate communications team an image library pertaining to QAIS work
- Build a strong internal presence for QAIS in CA by communicating with other areas of the business and sharing QAIS updates
- Build and maintain relationships with the country managers of each Inspection office. Work together to achieve business stream goals
- Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or an International Development related subject, CIPS, or qualified by experience
- Certified Management Consultant of the Institute of Business Consultancy or working towards such certification (Desirable)
- BSc in Science / Engineering or similar qualification (Desirable)
- Previous senior mid-level management experience within an inspection service provider or other supply chain organisation e.g. procurement, freight forwarding, logistics etc.
- Previous inspection experience in manufacturing business is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of growing businesses from either operational management or sales / business development roles
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is a not-for-profit international development company that works in partnership with our clients to design and implement practical solutions to their needs. We work with ministries, governments, institutions, donors, foundations, philanthropists, and the private sector to tackle the complex challenges they face, whether that is seeking to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), improving the quality of life and opportunities for their citizens, or responding to the needs of a global pandemic.
Our values are courage and authenticity: courage to work in the most challenging contexts and be a disrupter in the face of corruption and complexity; authenticity to ensure that the solutions we help develop are grounded in a solid understanding of our client’s needs and will last the test of time. Whether they are ensuring that local humanitarian organisations across Myanmar are set up to respond to the additional challenges of the Covid-19 outbreak or negotiating the best possible price for cancer drugs for the Government of Ukraine, our people around the globe are committed to achieving a lasting impact in the work that they do.
Often, we work behind the scenes, patiently addressing the ‘nuts and bolts’ core matters, supporting governments and other clients to resolve practically challenging and politically difficult issues that hold back faster and greater progress. What defines Crown Agents’ approach is the way we combine technical expertise and decades of delivery experience with deeply rooted insight that comes from our global footprint and the strong relationships with governments and other stakeholders in the places where we work. We believe there is something unique that comes from our longstanding approach of combining private sector agility with a public service ethos.
We have three broad areas of expertise: supply chain delivery; government system strengthening; and project and fund management. In practice, the services we provide to our clients often draw from across these three, depending on the specific challenges to be addressed: responding to Covid-19; accelerating progress on the most off-track SDGs; or shifting to low carbon development strategies.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.