DPS seeks a Global Health Security (GHS) Project Manager for Ghana (West Africa) to enhance global health security by contributing to the development and strength of Ghana’s ability to rapidly respond to disease outbreaks and emerging infectious diseases. The Project Manager shall assist the Center for Global Health, Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) of CDC in Ghana with further implementation of the Global Health Security Agenda, through leadership from the Government of Ghana and significant investments from international partners, including the USG.
- Assist CDC Ghana with implementation, monitoring and oversight of the GHSA portfolio in support of strengthening countries ability to achieve International Health Regulations 2005 (IHR 2005) core capacities.
- Serve as an advisor/consultant for prevention and control activities of endemic infectious disease conditions.
- Provide advice on solutions to problems which require an in-depth knowledge of public health practice, including the disciplines of epidemiology, laboratory science, and infectious diseases to a multitude of CDC partners.
- Offer technical assistance and monitoring support to the efforts of CDC and the host government.
- Provide overall coordination for Action Packages and technical areas including surveillance and epidemiology, laboratory systems strengthening, workforce development, and emergency preparedness and response.
- Master’s Level Degree in Public Health
- Four (4) years minimum experience in coordinating public health programs at regional, national, local levels, international experience in West African region
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, seeking advice and support when necessary.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in development of strategic documents, briefing documents, and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English on a daily basis with various groups (speaking, reading and writing).
About the Organization
Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.