PAE/Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our clients to rapidly respond to complex international disasters, develop and maintain critical government financial systems, and safeguard key government information systems. We offer a broad range of technical capabilities to solve complex program requirements – international program management and training, grants administration, geospatial information systems, information technology operations, financial systems, and helpdesk support. We partner with clients to protect the efficiency of America’s food supply, expedite medical breakthroughs, provide humanitarian aid to vulnerable populations around the world, develop and maintain critical government IT financial systems, and safeguard key government information systems. Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, we staff multiple client site operations worldwide.
PAE/Macfadden is recruiting to fill multiple positions for an anticipated USAID-funded global healthcare supply chain proposal. The anticipated project will work to improve the capacity of global health supply chains and enhance the ability of in-country supply chains to support end-user health commodity availability. The project is expected to support countries to build resilient and sustainable supply chains which deliver high quality, life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to support the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all its citizens. If awarded, the project will likely start in 2020.
We are seeking a Management Information Systems Director (MIS) for the Global Health Supply Chain proposal. This role will serve as the lead for the MIS system across the IDIQ and all task orders.
- Design and implement the MIS strategy for the IDIQ and task orders to support the overall project’s procurement and logistics strategy;
- Overall responsibility for defining the information systems strategy for global health supply chain management program, which will include tracking all country-level commodities forecasts, orders, in-transit shipments and deliveries
- Provide technical leadership for defining information system requirements, adapting or developing information systems tools to meet requirements and deploying and maintaining such systems in line with USG security, privacy and interoperability standards
- Manage information systems teams across all aspects of the systems development life cycle and ensure that all documentation is continuously developed and updated
- Identify and manage all potential risks to information systems activities and synchronize risk management plans with broader project plans
- Engage with USAID information systems liaison to ensure consistency with government reporting, security, interoperability and visibility requirements and maintain open communications on all processes
- Provide routine and ad-hoc updates to project leadership (and USAID, as required) on systems development and performance
- Manage deployments and maintenance of MIS software and hardware to ensure they are delivered on-time, according to client specifications and that improve the security, reliability and efficiency of the supply chain;
- Oversee vendor activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality products in accordance with the identified specifications; ensure user compliance to specifications and recommendations;
- Develop country work plans and oversee progress monitoring against the work plan deliverables, ensuring timely delivery of reporting requirements;
- Some international travel will be required.
- A graduate degree in data sciences, information technology (IT), supply chain management, public health or similar field is preferred;
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing large-scale MIS programs with demonstrated experience in Enterprise Resource Planning software or similar supply chain MIS, preferably in the public health/pharmaceutical sector;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing teams and ensuring high quality outputs;
- PMP or equivalent certification strongly preferred, or demonstrated understanding and use of project management tools and methodologies;
- Preferred experience working on public health or supply chain management programs in low to middle income countries;
- Excellent communication, talent management and project management skills;
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.