Global Communities is seeking a Global Human Resources Manager to join the Human Resources team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer, the Global HR Manager is responsible for supporting departments worldwide as it relates to policy formulation and execution; HR strategy development and support; employee relations; and compliance with US government regulations, international labor codes, and employment laws.
This role provides HR advisory services and consultation to Global Communities’ program management units and field offices to include new business support, compliance, employee relations, as well as operations support during office start up, maintenance and closeout. S/he will support the employment assignments of Expatriates and Third Country Nationals (TCNs) and work to strengthen the HR management capacity of local and host country national HR practitioners. This includes providing leadership and support in internal and external investigations and conflict resolution as well as driving legal compliance to help reduce the risks of carrying out business operations in a challenging and sometimes unstable global arena.
* Implements international assignment employment agreements; providing front and back end employee life cycle support from onboarding to off-boarding; providing technical advice and direction for hiring; and coordinating and liaising with the appropriate personnel that handles expatriate staff taxation issues.
* Functions as the designated subject matter expert on the interpretation of human resources policies and regulations on expats and local staff issues, international operations, business development and pricing teams on the administration and management of expatriate /TCN allowance packages to ensure compliance with applicable donor and internal policies.
* Builds and maintains relationships with international and local national staff to forge partnerships with HQ-based HR, leads the monthly HR Community of Practice, provides updates, tools and resources, and ensures full participation.
* Develops and assists the implementation of human resource programs for all foreign entities with a concentration on host-country labor law and legal issues.
* Develops, maintains and updates organizational guidelines, policies, regulations and procedures that impacts HQ and Expatriate staff issues; consistently reviews and updates HQ and Field Office Employee Manuals and HR toolkits in coordination with all HR staff and in collaboration with other partnering Offices’ subject matter experts.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed.
* Coordinates and delivers staff training programs and awareness sessions for specialized issues, including-anti-harassment, misconduct, and discrimination.
* Generates the quarterly HR scorecard containing key HR metrics and trends.
* Administers and interprets various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures, and provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
* Proactively supports managers in all matters relating to employee relations.
* Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
* Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience across HR disciplines. Or, the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of stated experience.
* Experience working in a domestic and international HR role for an international development organization needed.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.