Are you knowledgeable in livelihoods and market-based sectors in the humanitarian world? Do you feel a calling to address these needs globally? Samaritan’s Purse provides the resources and training that allow families in impoverished, rural communities to feed their families and even obtain a modest income that can be used for education, medical care, or other needs through Animals and Agriculture. We are searching for an experienced Global Technical Advisor, Markets and Livelihoods that will lead this charge!
This position will develop, support, and/or expand livelihoods and market-based programs in all Samaritan’s Purse field offices. This individual will provide technical guidance to livelihoods sector field staff, and ensure that these programs best serve the livelihood needs and promote the economic recovery of target communities. The position will be based in our international headquarter in Boone, NC but will travel frequently to the field as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Work with International Projects leadership assess and develop project proposals addressing livelihoods-related needs.
- Work with teams to build the capacity of livelihoods program managers and coordinators through training development and delivery, troubleshooting support and technical backstopping.
- Facilitate technically sound program implementation with staff, in-field partners and community stakeholders that results in high participation and empowerment of local communities.
- Ensure livelihoods programs are consistent with both Samaritan’s Purse core Christian values and with minimum standards in humanitarian response.
- Act in capacity of central resource center for all field-based livelihoods and market-based programming.
- Collaborate with Learning and Program Support team to curate and disseminate relevant sector resources, tools and knowledge for field office staff via appropriate platforms and mechanisms.
- Provide professional technical input and review of field-level sector reports or proposals.
- Continuous development of professional knowledge and skills to stay current of trends in the global livelihoods and economic recovery sector.
- Participate in Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) deployments and serve on the Incident Management Team (IMT) as needed.
- Provide assistance in interviewing candidates to fill sector positions in the field as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Minimum Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in economic development, sustainable development or international development
- 5-10 years related experience living and working cross culturally; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with market-based humanitarian or development programming, including market assessment and analysis, cash transfer programming (CTP), cash and voucher (C&V) programming and/or economic recovery programming is preferred.
- Available to travel approximately 60 days throughout the year.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
** Please include a cover letter along with your resume to explain why you are qualified for this position.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
About the Organization
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.