Palladium seeks a Governance Technical Advisor to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project intended to strengthen national health information systems in Ethiopia. S/he will lead project activities related to building systems and skills of government agencies and implementation organizations in data systems architecture and health information systems governance. S/He will provide technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills to governmental stakeholders and other project beneficiaries across the health system. S/He will build relationships with country counterparts and stakeholders at all levels within the Ethiopian health system and support the development of or strengthening of governance structures and frameworks to ensure proper ownership and operation of national health information systems. S/He will also coordinate with other externally-funded projects, implementing partners, and data consumers, as well as with other eHIS project technical team leaders. The Governance Technical Advisor reports directly to the DCOP in activity implementation and management and will be based in Ethiopia and will supervisor technical staff assigned to her/his team.
* Master’s or higher degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
* At least 8 years of experience in working with USG-funded projects engaging with governmental stakeholders or with the government of Ethiopia, preferably in information systems management and design in the health field
* At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
* At least 2 years of experience working in developing countries (preferably Africa), Ethiopian country national preferred
* USAID experience preferable
* Experience providing technical assistance and capacity building to government stakeholders in health information systems, building governance frameworks and organizational structures for health information systems, and supporting institutional governance for health information systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, and publication in peer reviewed journals, fluency in English and Amharic
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills
* Proven ability to leverage and manage partnerships and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage and build capacity of a culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and counterparts.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, often within a required timeframe.
* Strong technical capacity and experience in integration of information systems, capacity building, information systems design, management, and architecture, data demand and use, mHealth required
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.