Governance Technical Lead
Palladium International, LLC is seeking a Governance Technical Lead for a potential upcoming Health Systems Strengthening project in Ghana. The Governance Technical Lead must have in depth technical expertise, experience, professional reputation, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships that demonstrate her or his ability to be a thought leader in their field. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
- Provide technical leadership, facilitation, participatory analysis, capacity building, technical assistance, mentoring and/or coaching in the design and implementation of health governance activities, tailored to the specific needs and context in Ghana.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to in-country teams and local partners as they implement health governance related approaches and/or their governance capacity improvement plans.
- Promotes multisectoral partnership and leadership to strengthen governance at the state level to use resources transparently, enable citizen engagement in planning and monitoring, and produce results in primary health care.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and select priority areas for RNMCH+N policy development; and develops plans, concept papers, and proposals for policy initiatives that are evidence-based and gender sensitive.
- Provides technical leadership in reviewing and formulating state policy initiatives, including research and drafting policy documents, regulations, ordinances, decrees, guidelines, and circulars.
- Assists stakeholders to prepare for and implement new health policies through capacity building and organizational development.
- Provide thought leadership around strategies intended to strengthen governance of integrated health systems at the national, regional, and local levels.
- Oversee the documentation of project results related to governance and disseminate results as appropriate at national, regional, and global levels.
- Work closely with health ministries to build capacity to effectively plan, manage, and oversee priority systems such as procurement, budgeting, stakeholder, and project coordination, etc.
- Manage partnerships and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects.
- Ensure technical excellence of project interventions and lead the learning agenda related to policy and community-level governance.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, governance, public administration, and management areas on projects of similar size and complexity.
- Substantial experience in designing, implementing, and managing large, complex public health projects in/for developing countries, of which at least 5 years has been spent addressing governance in the health arena. Experience in Ghana highly desirable.
- Experience with USAID (highly desirable) and other multilateral organizations (e.g. CDC, WHO, World Bank, DFID, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines and deliver results on time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research)
- Fluency in English required
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ghana.
About the Organization
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.