POSITION TITLE:Government Services Expert
PROJECT: USAID BERSAMA – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
LOCATION:Papua and West Papua
DEPARTMENT:Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Government Services expert will provide support to Bersama to plan and implement activities, primarily workshops in January, February and March. The project is building the capacity of government agencies such as Dinas P3A or Department of Women’s Empowerment and Children Protection, Dinas Kesehatan or Department of Health and other auxiliary agencies to to budget and plan for activities to address gender-based violence (GBV), improve services to victims through refined standard operating procedures, improve counselling and referral services, and strengthen coordination with civil society. The project works with provincial and district level government entities. The project expects to facilitate several workshops with government counterparts over the next few months.
USAID Bersama is a five year – USAID funded project based in Jayapura, Papua in Eastern Indonesia and aims to reduce violence against women by strengthening the commitment and capacity of the government to respond to victims and prevent GBV. The project is working in Papua and West Papua Indonesia.
* Review Bersama reports, workplans, project description and other relevant materials about GBV and other relevant reports about gender and GBV in Papua
* With the Chief of Party, outline the key tasks and priorities that need to be planned and implemented in the next three months. This may include organizing and identifying people to facilitate workshops; reaching out to government counterparts; designing workshop agendas, ensuring logistics are arranged, line up or provide follow up technical assistance for the participants.
* Identify people and mobilize consultants or other service providers needed for successful workshops
* Designing interactive, engaging sessions and related materials that meet the objectives of the workshops.
The assignment is for up to 60 days between January 25 and March 30, 2019
Education: Master’s level degree required in relevant field
Required Work Experience:
- 10 years’ experience in working with government
- Demonstrated experience in designing and organization workshops to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Fluency in and English required.
- Understanding of GBV and government services
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to produce quality products within time
- Ability to jump in and work quickly within an existing project/framework
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.