The Grant Finance Manager provides financial and administrative leadership on donor-funded programs and works closely with program teams at Headquarters and with partners across the globe to implement assigned programs and support Episcopal Relief & Development’s core values and strategic goals. Your primary responsibilities are financial management, planning, tracking and reporting in alignment with the donor compliance requirements and Episcopal Relief & Development’s financial procedures, grant accounting and grant audit preparations.
As Grant Finance Manager, you will:
- Manage the financial and administrative processes and systems for assigned programs, including financial monitoring, process training and maintenance of working budgets and quarterly financial reports
- Lead the development of proposal budgets
- Ensure fulfillment of grant requirements and accurate coding of grant expenses through clear guidance on funder policies and collaboration with program leadership and the finance team
- Provide grant financial management, including projections and planning, performance analysis, budgeting, reporting and oversight of Episcopal Relief & Development’s grant portfolio
- Support partner grantee financial management and monitoring
- Prepare timely, accurate and compliant financial reports in accordance with donor agreements
- Conduct expenditure analyses and projections against project and donor reports to ensure optimum cost recovery in alignment with organizational and donor requirements
- Analyze approval requests and financial transactions to verify they are allowable and reasonable per donor regulations and in compliance with Episcopal Relief & Development’s own policies and procedures
- Maintain General Ledger, including recording and reviewing day-to-day financial transactions for grants
- Support audit preparations, including funder’s audits and external CPA annual audits
- Develop tools, templates and guidelines to streamline the grant finance process
- A confident communicator with excellent writing and communications skills who has sound judgment and manages sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- An enthusiastic team member who is excited to work cross-functionally with other departments, donors and partners with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to diverse backgrounds
- A strategic thinker with strong critical thinking and analytical skills and a creative, flexible and solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- A detail-oriented multi-tasker who is adept at managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able and willing to work some Eastern standard time business hours, travel domestically and internationally intermittently and work a varied schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- A shared commitment to Episcopal Relief & Development’s mission and values
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, international management, international development or related field; An advanced degree in finance, public administration or business is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working in international development with a strong understanding of partner-based field implementation work; International NGO experience a plus
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a grant finance manager, preferably across multiple donor-funded programs and meeting diverse donor reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience managing bilateral/multilateral donor, private corporation, and/or private foundation funding
- Proven budget planning and development, financial reporting, data consolidation and budget monitoring experience with a strong track record setting-up administrative and financial systems for new project and programs
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and applied use and understanding of accounting software; Experience with Financial Edge / Blackbaud products is preferred
For more information, visit our website at www.episcopalrelief.org.
* Generous benefits package offered.
* Episcopal Relief & Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Episcopal Relief & Development offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
About the Organization
For over 75 years, Episcopal Relief & Development has been working together with supporters and partners for lasting change around the world. Each year the organization facilitates healthier, more fulfilling lives for more than 3 million people struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Inspired by Jesus’ words in Matthew 25, Episcopal Relief & Development leverages the expertise and resources of Anglican and other partners to deliver measurable and sustainable change in three signature program areas: Women, Children and Climate.