Open & closing dates
06/01/2020 to 06/05/2020
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 - 13
$66,515 to $133,465 per year
- Manage and coordinate a complex grant portfolio.
- Develop innovative grant arrangements to resolve critical and unprecedented program needs.
- Participate in project and administrative site and staff visits to evaluate the appropriateness of budgetary requests.
- Advise applicants and grantees on financial and management issues relevant to their applications.
- Provide assistance in the administration of the portfolio including setting appropriate work priorities.
- Ensure that the awardee is in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures, and sound business practices.
- Develop policy initiatives in response to critical problems or as needed by changing circumstances.
- Provide expert and authoritative advice, interpretation, and guidance on statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to the award program.
- Serve as a technical authority and resource in communication and correspondence with grantees and federal staff.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
You qualify at the GS-11 level, if you meet one of the following qualification requirements:
One (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: reviewing grant applications that are limited in functional scope and complexity for adequacy, accuracy, and compliance with requirements; interpreting routine grants-related policies and procedures; monitoring grantees’ continuing operations to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant award; and providing information to applicants and grantees on the grants process, regulatory requirements, and issues surrounding individual applications;
Completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.M., if related;
A combination of education and specialized experience that meets the qualification requirements for this position.You qualify at the GS-12 level, if you meet the following qualification requirement:
One (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: administering a grants portfolio and signing off on standard grants mechanisms; monitoring grantees’ continuing operations to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the grant award; negotiating, preparing, and administering grants and agreements; providing fiscal and administrative review of grant applications; and participating in the negotiating, awarding and obligating of grant funds.You qualify at the GS-13 level, if you meet the following qualification requirement:
One (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: evaluating the management aspects of grant or cooperative agreement applications; interpreting and providing technical assistance regarding complex grants-related policies and procedures; resolving complex and controversial post-award problems surrounding the monitoring of grants or cooperative agreements; and developing criteria and standards for the planning, implementation and evaluation of grant or cooperative agreement proposals.
You will receive credit for all experience material to the position, including experience gained in religious, civic, welfare, service, and organizational activities, regardless of whether you received pay.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10824079
Grade 11 Level: if you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Your resume must thoroughly describe how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the “Qualifications” section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. We cannot assume you have performed the necessary experience required for this position regardless of your employment history or academic career.
To ensure all of the essential information is in your resume, we encourage you to use the USAJOBS online Resume Builder. If you choose to use your own resume, you must ensure it contains all of the required information and you organize it so we can associate the following information for each experience/position:
- Job title
- Name of employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment (month/day/year format)
- Hours worked per week. We will assume full-time unless otherwise stated. We will prorate part-time employment in crediting experience.
- Detailed description of job duties, accomplishments, related skills, and responsibilities to include any supervisory/managerial responsibilities and number of staff supervised (if applicable)
- Series and grade or equivalent (if a federal position)
If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying on the basis of education, you must list your education history including the type of degree and your major of study. If the position requires a certain number of credit hours, you are strongly encouraged to list the relevant courses in your resume.Do not include a photograph or video of yourself, or any sensitive information
(age, date of birth, marital status, protected health information, religious affiliation, social security number, etc.) on your resume or cover letter. We will not access web pages linked on your resume or cover letter to determine your qualifications.
For resume writing guidance, please visit the following resources: NIH Jobs website
, USAJOBS Resource Center
, and the USAJOBS Resume Writing Video Tutorial
You must submit a completed assessment questionnaire.
Unless otherwise stated, we will only use the information above to determine your qualifications. Not providing the required information may result in a determination that you do not meet minimum requirements for the position (e.g., an ineligible rating) or a lower rating.REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR CAREER TRANSITION CLAIMS
Visit our websites to claim selection priority through the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
If you do not provide the required information, we will assume you are not eligible or you do not wish to be considered for any preference or eligibility.
Please do not submit any other supplementary documentation that is not requested of you. To protect your personal information, we will only send your resume and cover letter to the selecting official or hiring manager.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please read and follow all instructions in this announcement, complete the online application, and submit the documentation specified in the “Required Documents” section. Your complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on 06/05/2020 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. See the “Required Documents” section for any additional forms and/or supplemental materials required.
- Read all Eligibility questions and respond accordingly to any Eligibility you wish to claim. You will only be considered for those Eligibility questions (Status Applicant, Reinstatement, Schedule A, etc.) you respond in the affirmative to, regardless of what documentation you submit. We cannot assume you intended to respond differently to a question based on other information in your application package.
- Complete the assessment questionnaire. Applicants are asked all questions regardless of their consideration preferences. We will only consider you for the grades, series, locations, specialties, and other considerations that you self-identify as being qualified for or interested in. Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10824079
- Verify all required documentation is included in your application package, review your responses to the assessment questionnaire for accuracy, and then submit your application.
In addition to the required documents, we encourage you to submit a cover letter, copy of your transcripts, and any applicable certifications or licenses. Even though this information is not required at the time of application, we may request this information later.
We cannot assume responsibility or grant extensions for personal issues (e.g., troubles navigating the application process, loss of internet, not understanding a question) when applying to our announcements. For technical difficulties, contact HR Systems Support between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM ET Monday through Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any other accommodation or assistance with applying, please contact Brenda Brockwell at email@example.com. Requests for reasonable accommodations must be made before the announcement closing date.NIH’s EEO and Diversity and Inclusion Policy StatementVisit the NIH’s Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion site
for information on NIH’s EEO program, Reasonable accommodation procedures, laws, policy statements, and the operation of the EEO complaint process.