We are looking for a highly skilled, creative Grants and Reporting Manager, to support mission Program Department in the development of high quality funding proposals and donor reports, assuring compliance with the Action Against Hunger and donor requirements.
Action Against Hunger has been operational in what is now South Sudan since 1985 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sector strategy where nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience. Main objective of the country program is to continue building on Action Against Hunger’s reputation for nutritional expertise to deliver integrated nutrition, WASH and FSL assistance in the high caseload states, while responding to emergency nutrition needs throughout the country. With central office in Juba, Action Against Hunger runs static interventions (nutrition, WASH, FSL) in Northern Bahr el Gazal (Aweil East), Warrap (Gogrial) and Fangak (in Jonglei), as well as an emergency roving team that can intervene throughout the country. We have a country team of around 300 staff (25 international) and a budget for 2018 projected at 10 M US$. Our main donors and partners in South Sudan include USAID/OFDA, WFP, UNICEF, SIDA, GIZ, GAC, ECHO and BPRM.
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by…
Supporting and coordinating the timely preparation of high quality funding proposals and reports that tell a compelling story of people we serve and of how Action Against Hunger work improves the lives of individuals and communities.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Supporting and mainstreaming the use of Action Against Hunger grants management tools and systems and develop new ones as needed
- Keeping the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, sharing documents and ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Ensuring high‐quality and timely grant reporting with support from Country Director and technical coordinators and proving technical support to staff on donor regulations and compliance
- Contributing to the development of external communication tools as relevant
- Participating in donor engagement in close collaboration with CD and technical experts
- Working in close collaboration with MEAL staff of the mission on gender sensitive data collection, management and quality for the purposes of reporting and story-telling.
- In coordination with the CD, coordinating with program staff teams / departments in the development of quality proposals and acting as the lead writer or editor for all proposals
- Under supervision of Country Director, coordinating with Action Against Hunger US HQ to ensure proposals meet internal and donor standards and are coherent
- Visiting field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals
- Helping improve proposal competitiveness through cross-sector engagement and integration of industry tools and best practices
- Assisting the CD and heads of technical departments in conducting after‐action reviews as needed to develop lesson learned and improvements for future efforts
- Working in close collaboration with gender focal points to ensure gender analysis is conducted at proposal stage
Training and capacity building
- Support CD and heads of technical departments in facilitating trainings and capacity building for field teams, in particular Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management
- Assist the CD and heads of departments in identifying potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting process
- You have a graduate degree in international development or Action Against Hunger sector related field (two additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for a degree)
- You have at least 5 years of experience in international development, humanitarian assistance or related sector
- You have as successful track record of capturing new funding opportunities
- You have experience leading new project development efforts, including program design, proposal writing, client / partner relationship development
- You have mastery of the Project Management Cycle and project management tools
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports / proposals under deadline pressure
- You are well‐organized, attentive to detail, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- You work well independently and in teams and have experience working in a multi‐cultural setting
- You are a master of Microsoft Office package and comfortable with Windows and similar operating systems
- You are familiar with budget development and can work well with finance personnel
- You have experience working with international partners, such as DFID, USAID/OFDA/FFP, GAC, SIDA, World Bank, UN agencies, EU DEVCO and ECHO
- Your native language is English or your level of proficiency is that of a native English speaker; French and Spanish skills are a plus
- You are committed to gender equity and equality
- Your work style builds confidence with others
- You believe that every problem has a solution. It is the way we approach the problem that makes the difference
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances
- You are ready and willing to integrate into hard working and fun team that believes in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core competencies
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button”https://action-against-hunger.workable.com/jobs/767373”. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 25th of July 2018.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For further information about Action Against Hunger, please visit our website www.actionagainsthunger.org