Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking grants professionals to assist in a variety of roles junior, mid-level, and senior-level roles in support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). These grants professionals will primarily be responsible for a variety of pre-award, award, and post-award administration. Primary responsibilities will include entering appropriate grants information into client’s assistance planning and financial systems and for maintaining and reconciling the database containing grant award information, status and ownership. Other functions will include reviewing and recording incoming requisitions for grants funding for accuracy prior to handing the grants requisitions over to client’s Agreement Officer’s Representatives. The grants professionals will prepare and audit all award files and obtain approval of the client’s Agreement Officer for grants. This individual is also responsible for dissemination of grant documents to grantees, overseas missions and other client’s stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing administrative support in the grant’s preparation and award process
- Responsible for the procurement of a variety of goods and services ranging in complexity from small dollar services and commercial item purchases to multimillion-dollar technical assistance acquisition and assistance instruments.
- Review and recommend approval or revision of Acquisition and Assistance Requisitions;
- Review and recommend clarifications to Project Descriptions (PD) and other forms of required documentation;
- Perform complex cost and price analysis; analyze proposals, applications, and/or quotes received;
- Review contracts, agreements, grants, and contract and agreement modifications; analyze proposed contractor and implementing partner budgets;
- Recommend inclusion or exclusion of contract clauses and agreement standard provisions; write Memoranda of Negotiation; and, prepare other required documentation.
- The Specialist maintains up-to-date contract and agreement files, prepares Contractor Performance Reports, and supports award closeouts.
- The Specialist provides guidance on related administrative award modifications.
Education & Experience:
Junior Level Professionals
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-4 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MB with 1-3 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA – 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MB with 6 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA – 10 years of relevant experience
Senior Level Professionals
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MB with 12 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA – 20 years of relevant experience
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
Physical Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.