As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The energy-efficiency of buildings is gaining considerably in importance at political level in Morocco, and this is also reflected in the growing portfolio of Moroccan-German cooperation in this area. In 2019, with support from GIZ, the Moroccan Government submitted a project concept for its NAMA (Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action) and received authorisation to prepare it in detail. The concept aims to introduce a financial mechanism for constructing energy-efficient housing and selling energy-efficient domestic appliances. As well as introducing this mechanism, the concept includes technical support (improvement of legislation and provisions in the area of construction regulations and minimum standards for appliances), capacity building for stakeholders involved in constructing energy-efficient homes and retailing energy-efficient domestic appliances, and awareness-raising among consumers.
- Technical and financial management of the commission and preparing the NAMA support project Improving Energy Performance of Moroccan Households
- Coordinating the preparatory process with Moroccan partners and AFD (Agence Française de Développement)
- Planning and coordinating studies in the thematic area
- Organising consultations
- Designing the technical, statutory and financial structure of the two NAMA financing mechanisms (e.g. criteria for approving participants, service criteria, documentation submitted, contractual arrangements and payment arrangements)
- Advising on current energy efficiency projects of the Energy Cluster and Moroccan partners, with a focus on the buildings sector
- Human resources management
- It is likely that the successful candidate will assume leadership of the NAMA project following allocation of additional resources in 2021, involving technical, financial and staffing management of a complex major project
- Degree-level qualification in business studies, engineering or similar
- Several years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of funding energy efficiency and/or renewable energy measures
- Experience of working in the MENA region and knowledge of the Moroccan energy sector would be an asset
- Initial experience of GIZ’s monitoring systems and evaluation methods is desirable
- Confidence in advising high-ranking political partners in a demanding intercultural environment
- Facilitation skills, the ability to act in a strategic and networked way, and excellent communication skills
- Business fluency in French and English
The security situation is generally calm. GIZ’s security guidelines must be followed at all times. Please also consider any country-specific information provided by the Federal Foreign Office as a basic principle. No special restrictions on mobility apply in relation to the working environment. GIZ does not place any restrictions on employees being accompanied by family members. Where applicable, please find out what types of relationship are legally and socially acceptable in the country of assignment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.