- Effectively manage and supervise Greece Head of Programs, Serbia Project Officer, and Ukraine Project Officer
- Provide timely and thoughtful coaching and feedback
- Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessment for direct reports
- Manage well-being of reports, providing TDY support to Greece Head of Programs and Bosnia/Herzegovina HoP as needed
In collaboration with the Europe Zone HoPs,
- Oversee coordination of technical assistance and support across the zone, including TA support from within the Europe zone and from HRD, PIQA, EMECA and external consultants.
- Identify TA support needs and match needs with technical resources or consultants
- Help develop or review SOWs for TA visits or consultants
- Follow up on TA visits to ensure recommendations are shared with relevant staff or partners, understood and put into practice
- Ensure that program teams and partners adhere to CRS program quality standards.
- Ensure project teams conduct participatory needs assessments and design high quality programs utilizing ProPack I and other agency PQ resources.
- Ensure project teams utilize COMPASS throughout the project cycle.
- Lead or support facilitation of select strategic project start-up DIP workshops
- Support country teams and partners in learning processes and documentation
- Ensure project teams implement a regular schedule of evidence-based review, analysis and reflection meetings with key staff and partners;
- Lead facilitation of select quarterly/annual project meetings as needed
- Oversee teams in documenting processes, results, lessons learned and producing high quality donor reports.
- Lead in the identification of opportunities for Europe Zone program teams to participate in zonal, regional, agency level or industry-led communities of practice (e.g. shelter, livelihoods, refugee integration, protection, and partnership) that aim to promote cross-country/cross-partner sharing and learning of experiences and key program results.
- Liaise with other actors (internal and external) for research, documentation and dissemination
- In collaboration with the RTA for MEAL, support the design and implementation of quality and relevant MEAL systems and practices that generate timely and useful data for project decision-making and reporting
Staff Onboarding and Development:
- Facilitaite HoOps, CMs, HoPs, and HR officers in the identification of staff development priorities and to identify or design activities to meet prioritized needs, with a particular focus on the agency PQ standards and the core competencies of project management, project design, protection mainstreaming, safeguarding, and BD.
- Identify capacity building opportunities for staff and partners, including formal training, exchanges and TDY opportunities.
- Support country teams and outreach countries to identify/pre-position for strategic business development opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Zonal Mgmt Team (ZMT) and regional team members, support country teams in making strategic go/no go decisions
- Support or lead participatory, evidence-based project design processes in response to identified needs and funding opportunities
- Facilitate country teams and outreach partners in the review of Concept Notes and proposals, including liaising with the region for additional BD support as needed.
- Lead select countries in the zone in developing / updating their emergency and program sectoral strategies on an annual or as needed basis, to guide BD decisions and communication with key stakeholders.
- Liaise with the region and agency strategy road map teams to identify opportunities for Europe Zone country and partner engagement.
- Supervise CRS Ukraine focal point in Kiev and provide strong support to partners in Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Albania, and Armenia.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Greece Head of Programs, Serbia Project Officer, and Ukraine Project Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: CM-Greece; HoPs in BiH, Greece; HOO-Serbia, PMs in BiH and Ukraine, SPOs in BiH and Serbia; DRD/PQ, RTA/BD, RTA/MEAL
External: CRS partners, local governmental officials, donors, international NGOs and other agencies
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and guidance to a diverse team of CRS program and partner staff
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Skills in M&E, project design and project implementation in emergency and recovery situations.
- Knowledge of Sphere emergency guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in a diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environment.
- Master’s degree in international development or related area.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO, including at least three years with successful performance in a Head of Programming position.
- Significant experience in at least two of the key programming areas of the Europe zone – cash, shelter, emergency, protection, governance, livelihoods, peacebuilding.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Ability to represent CRS in high-level meetings with donors, Church and government. Experience working with local partners. Experience working with Church partners preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives.
- Knowledge of project design and implementation, proposal-writing, budgeting, financial management, assessment tools and M&E, and ability to lead staff/partner training workshops on these topics.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These competencies are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Program Manager II Competencies
These competencies are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Sets clear goals and manages toward them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manages financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning
These competencies are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.