IntraHealth seeks a Health System Strengthening (HSS) Team Lead for an upcoming Global USAID HIV/AIDS bid, Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (TMEC). The purpose of TMEC is to achieve and maintain epidemic control through strategic technical assistance (TA) to improve HIV case finding, treatment, and prevention programming in PEPFAR-supported countries. The Health System Strengthening Team Lead will lead the HSS component of this project and will be responsible for the development of the overall TMEC framework and approach for strengthening health systems, including, for examples, approaches that strengthen human resources for health (HRH), supply chain, health information systems (HIS), financing, and private sector support approaches. He/she will also oversee the design, implementation and monitoring of activities related to health system strengthening and documenting and sharing HSS best practices that contribute to maintaining epidemic control. This position will be based in Washington DC and report to the Project Director. Travel up to 35% is expected.
- Develop the overall health system strengthening framework and approach for TMEC.
- Lead the development of HSS tools and guidelines and provide technical assistance and leadership for the implementation of quality HSS activities.
- Supervise HSS project staff and oversee and coordinate hiring of consultants to provide STTA for HSS assignments.
- Support health systems strengthening interventions including; leadership and management capacity building, policy development, health information systems, enhanced efficiency of supply chains and skills building among host country government staff.
- Lead capacity building and training programs related to addressing HSS issues for TMEC supported countries.
- Promote the understanding and importance of the health workforce and use of HRIS data as critical components of health system strengthening.
- Provide technical assistance to TMEC supported countries in strengthening the management of the health system through evidence-based decision-making, needs-based planning, information systems that track health workers and service delivery practices, and quality assurance mechanisms.
- Establish and facilitate a health system strengthening community of practice meetings with project staff and country leaders.
- Support the sharing of lessons learned, promising practices and effective strategies through blogs, webinars and technical briefs to establish a global standard for HSS and enable TMEC supported countries to advance toward the desired HRH/HSS results.
- Collaborate with the relevant USAID global and national mechanisms that are supporting HSS, supply chain and HRH activities, including needs identification and coordination of interventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree preferred in Medicine, Health Systems, Public Health, Human Resources for Health, Policy or Public Planning.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience including 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, regional stakeholders, national stakeholder, and other stakeholders at the sub-national level.
- Proven knowledge of HSS issues and trends, and the ability to integrate HSS with HIV services improvement and delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health workforce data sources, financing, supply chain, and private sector support. Experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and accomplishment in strategic visioning, leadership, networking, and problem-solving as well as effective liaising with senior-level policy makers.
- Advocacy experience and skills to articulate the need for investments in health systems and the health workforce to reach epidemic control.
- Proven ability to assess and manage complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment meeting competing deadlines.
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex, matrixed, and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams based in different geographic areas.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills with experience in report writing, presentations to large and diverse stakeholders, and development of technical materials and tools.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point, and experience supporting the knowledge sharing and external communications of projects and technical activities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 5, 2018
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1