Chemonics seeks two Health Technical Writing Specialists for the Global Health Division (GHD) within its Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), located in Arlington, VA . The Senior Health Technical Writing Specialists support competitive proposal development, the Health Practice, and other Program Strategy and Growth (PSG) initiatives to enhance Chemonics’ technical excellence, reputation and visibility in global health. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Act in a variety of proposal development leadership and support roles, most notably writing roles such as development of technical and related management approaches. Within these roles, ensure Chemonics’ best practices and quality standards for proposal development are followed
- Conduct desk and field research and analysis on contextual and public health issues relevant to proposals, related stakeholder and USAID (or other donors) programmatic priorities and investments, and potential partners and competitors. This may include travel to target countries to conduct field research (including meeting with stakeholders, clients, and potential partners) and proposal development sessions
PSG initiatives to enhance Chemonics’ technical excellence and reputation in global health:
- Periodically lead and support activities to increase Chemonics’ visibility, improve its reputation and technical excellence through efforts in one or more of the following areas:
- publishing in peer and gray literature including research, opinion pieces and technical briefs
- social media plans and products (e.g. vlogs, videos, social media posts) aligned with GHD vision
- participation in industry forums
- client and stakeholder engagement
- technical capacity-building
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to support implementation of PSG activities
- Learn and promote strategies for effective teamwork and cultivate collaborative working relationships across the company
- Expand professional and technical knowledge through a variety of internal and external training and resources
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in public health or related field required; Master’s degree in a public health or health-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 5 years of technically relevant work required
- Knowledge of global health programs and trends
- Familiarity with USAID programs preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to periodically travel and work abroad approximately2 to 4 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Language proficiency in French preferred
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world . The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.