DAI seeks a Horticulture Specialist for the anticipated 3-5 year USAID/Pakistan Sindh Enabling Environment Activity (SEEA). SEEA will identify and address policy constraints in the Sindh’s agriculture sector to generate efficiencies and attract private sector-led growth. Activities will spur private investment, streamline regulations to reduce the time and cost of doing business, strengthen market linkages, increase access to inputs and credit. The program will conduct skills and capacity development activities with key stakeholders to enhance the sustainability, implementation, and enforcement of these reforms.
The SEEA program will be based in Karachi, Pakistan, and cover all districts in Sindh province.
The Horticulture Specialist will provide research, analysis, technical and domain knowledge inputs for day to day implementation of project activities in horticulture sub-sectors in Sindh. He or she will assist in identification of key private sector-led interventions, develop strategies, and drive activities to enable the livestock and dairy sub-sector growth. The Specialist will also engage with key partners such as private sector entrepreneurs, civil society actors, academics, and the Sindh government, and foster further linkages and networks within.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field such as agronomy, agriculture, agribusiness, management, economics; master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten years of progressive experience of facilitating growth within the livestock and dairy sector in Pakistan;
- Understanding of enabling environment issues in Pakistan, including a history of positive working relationships with Pakistan government and public institutions, and networks within relevant Sindh counterparts;
- Prior experience of working with USAID or other donor projects is preferred;
- Ability to perform successfully as a member of multiple project-related teams;
- Excellent communications and writing ability; Strong computer literacy skills;
- Fluency in Urdu and English required;
Interested qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to PakistanSEE@dai.com with the position title Horticulture Specialist in the subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. The deadline for applications is August 25, 2018.
About the Organization
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.