Search launched activities in the DRC in 2001. Now in 2016 the country program has offices in Kinshasa, Goma, Bukavu, and Kalemie with annual budget of $8MLN USD. Search works with partners in all provinces of the country, and has numerous smaller satellite offices throughout the country. Media is a primary tool utilized by all the programs—radio, video, print, and drama. Each program is adapted to the specific local context and conflict, and all apply tools from Search’s toolbox. Search’s Goma field office is currently supporting a host of programs around democratic dialogue, conflict sensitivity and transformation, to strengthen governance at local, provincial and national levels, to combat sexual and gender-based violence and promote youth engagement, and to promote protection of civilians through security sector reform. Activities in these areas include media production, training, radio programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities. This thematic focus is executed in close collaboration with numerous donors, including DFID, the Dutch foreign Ministry, the German Foreign Ministry, and USAID.
We are searching for…
The HR and Administrative Manager supervises HR and administrative operations of the Democratic Republic of Congo country Office (120 staff ) and its component projects. Ensures the implementation of Search for Common Ground policies and procedures in human resources management and administration of the National programme Office and projects.
The Post holder will be located in Goma and will have a national responsibility with travel support to locations in Kalemie, Kinshasa, Bukavu and Goma as well as in any other locations that Search for Common Ground may have field operations in the future.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Implements the human resources management component of the Search for Common Ground, DRC Strategic Plan;
- Ensures that best practice in human resources management is available for and applied to all Search for Common Ground personnel;
- Ensures that personnel contracts are fair and compliant with both Search for Common Ground, and DRC national standards;
Recruitment, Onboarding and Offboarding
- Ensure that personnel recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance and renewals, and exits are correctly managed in line with Search for Common Ground standards;
Employee Development And Performance Management
- Coaches, performance manages the HRO staff,
- Ensures the regular review and appropriate application of levels of personnel financial compensation and benefits;
- Ensures the appropriate training and development of personnel;
- Ensure the correct application of Search for Common Ground policies that relate to personnel behaviour and policy compliance;
- Ensures communication with all staff, as appropriate, on HR and administration matters that affect them;
- Works closely with, and seeks guidelines and support from the Global HR Director.
Staff, Safety, Health And Working Environment
- Ensure that obligations are met in terms of Hygiene, Safety and working conditions in compliance with the occupational health and safety policy;
- Take part in leading the dialogue with the employees, personnel delegates, and the labour inspection to ensure staff welfare and benefits are in line with agency standards.
Maintain HR Files/Records
- Ensures that standard personnel data is stored appropriately, updated in timely fashion, and is available as required;
- Collect and review Time sheets and all other data used for processing monthly salary, control pay slips
You meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Business Management, or other related fields and a professional HR qualification.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above is preferable.
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be a strong asset;
- Proven track record in human resources administration and management;
- 7- years professional experience in human resources management with an International NGO (preferably in the DRC);
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in the DRC.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French
- Adherence to Search for Common Ground values.
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date,
- for full details of our work.where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
About the Organization
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.