Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
If this sounds like you, Dexis is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Assistant to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA). The HR Assistant will perform a range of management and administrative support services, and will be responsible for a variety of functions, including assisting with classification. This position will report to the HR Specialist based in USAID/OAPA in Washington, DC. The position is not to exceed a twelve-month term limit, with an immediate start date.
As the HR Assistant, you will support the HR Specialist in classification, recruitment and placement, and employee and labor management relation to OAPA’s Administrative Management Services (AMS) Division. Other tasks include:
- Process and document HR actions for a wide variety of employee categories that involve different forms, different authorities, different action codes, and different regulatory authorities, or additional pay systems;
- Assist HR Specialist in preparing paperwork related to HR actions and position description writing;
- Review finished forms for completeness and adequacy;
- Contact individual employees or supervisors by telephone to resolve questions before processing final actions;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Active secret-level security clearance required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or another relevant field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- 1 year of professional-level experience in the field of human resources management, business or public administration, and/or contracting;
- Proficiency in the use of Google applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, tact, good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to learn quickly, with minimal guidance;
- Familiarity with USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.