Humanitarian Affairs Officer for Joint Sahel Department
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is to provide dedicated information management collection and analysis to the Joint Sahel Department in connection with UK funding under the Sahel Humanitarian Emergency Response Programme. This entails data management support on the deteriorating crisis affecting the Sahel - Mali crisis, Burkina Faso insecurity, and the Lake Chad Basin Crisis.
- Produce situational analysis reports specifically on, trend analysis on food insecurity; data
- Provide regular updates which may include regular updates with new appeal and donor information and humanitarian data (SMART surveys, Food insecurity projections)
- Maintain updated internal humanitarian influencing matrix;
- Update regional and country outlines of UK humanitarian investment in Sahelian Countries (Mali, Chad, Niger, Burkina Faso and Mauritania);
- Produce situation reports on humanitarian needs in the Sahel;
- Produce on the wires information dissemination on need to know Sahel humanitarian developments to JSD;
- Provide technical inputs on results analysis, internal monitoring and reporting outline for SHERP programme;
Required Qualifications: Profile and Qualifications:
- Fluency in French is a prerequisite
- Experience of working in the humanitarian field
- Proven experience of developing information products, situational reports
- Ability to network with various stakeholders
The role is a fixed term employment contract based in the UK and please apply if you are a UK tax resident as we are unable to sponsor work visas.