World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Humanitarian and Protection Advocacy Advisor - DRC Response you will be responsible for managing humanitarian advocacy for DRC, with particular focus on humanitarian protection as part of World Vision DRC’s Protracted Emergency Response.
- Master Degree in International Development or another relevant field or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in protection, child protection, advocacy and international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Experience writing grands and developing proposals for protection related programming.
- Excellent research, policy analysis and writing skills.
- Excellent English and French.
- Travel: 50% travel within country to various responses is expected (Beni, Bukavu, Kalemie, Gbadolite, Kananga).
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 10 DEC 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.