Camco’s business and our fund activity is growing and we are looking for someone to manage the Monitoring & Evaluation, Environmental & Social and Gender (MEESG) aspects of our business and the funds that we manage.
Core parts of the job include:
- Manage and complete all monitoring, evaluation, learning and improvement activity for Camco’s work, with an initial focus on REPP
- Support the team, REPP and other Camco initiatives as the Environmental & Social expert.
- Manage our E&S risk and that of the funds we manage and projects supported by those funds, and ensure that our governance and performance in this area is first rate
- Contribute to the gender policies and performance of Camco, the funds we operate and the projects that they support
- Contribute to the company’s business development efforts
- Report quarterly and annual progress on all project activities and progress toward KPIs
- Provide inputs and statistics for quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports
- Develop M&E and E&S tools and train project managers in using them
- Improve efficiency in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Organise and conduct training on M&E and E&S for project developers
We are a dynamic, informal, flexible but results-oriented group of people who like to get things done properly and we are looking for someone who wants to be part of that.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with strong qualifications, experience and track record in M&E, E&S and gender. We would like someone who is pragmatic and solutions focused, and who can come up with cost effective, streamlined ways of dealing with things using appropriate technology. We will expect you to make a valuable contribution to report and proposal writing and business development, and if you have an interest in the financing and development of renewable energy projects that would be great.
We believe passionately in renewable energy and its ability to spur development, bring people out of poverty and alleviate climate change, and we’re looking for someone with similar motivation. Ability to work in English and French, and potentially Portuguese, would be strongly preferred. Camco’s working language is English.
About the Organization
Camco Clean Energy specialises in investing in renewable energy in Africa. We were formed nearly 30 years ago and have been on the ground across sub-Saharan Africa ever since. Our small, hard working but fun team is based in offices in London, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Accra and Helsinki. We are entrepreneurial and have great growth plans, all focusing on the potential of renewable energy to light up African and other emerging markets.
Camco manages the £48m Renewable Energy Performance Platform (REPP), a fund investing in small and distributed renewable energy projects across sub-Saharan Africa. REPP is funded by the UK Government through the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and has established a strong track record since it started at the end of 2015.
We are also developing a number of other business areas around similar themes.