Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Head of Office in Myanmar, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Leads on the implementation of UN Women programme activities in Kachin state on gender and governance and COVID-19 response towards women and girls
- Maps out partners and stakeholders and identifies areas for support and intervention related to the programme activities
- Provides substantive technical support to the implementation and management of UN Women programming in Kachin State
- Supports the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Reviews, coordinates and monitors the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports
- Trains partners on Results Based Management and monitors implementation.
- Provides technical assistance and capacity development on gender equality and the empowerment of women to project/programme partners in Kachin state
- Provides technical and coordination support to State minister for social Welfare, DSW at State level, and Women’s Committees at State, District and Township levels
- Provides technical assistance and coordination support to other line ministries within the State governments and local authorities to ensure GEWE commitments are fulfilled
- Monitors progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools
- Provides technical support to inter-agency coordination on gender equality at State level to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Coordinates and organizes events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products
- Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget and workplans, and in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security
- Timely and quality monitoring of programme activities
- Relations with partners and stakeholders
- Quality reports and timely submission
- Regular communication with other agencies and partners
- Quality of advocacy and communication initiatives
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Good programme implementation and monitoring skills
• Good knowledge of Results Based Management
• Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and
• Good analytical skills
• Good knowledge governance, livelihood, women peace and security
• Good knowledge of gender equality and the empowerment of women
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical support
• Knowledge and understanding of the Kachin State context is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience working on gender equality and women’s empowerment is required;
- Experience working on governance and/or livelihood is an asset
- Experience in providing technical and coordination assistance to government, CSOs and development partners is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset
- Experience working in Kachin State is an asset.
- Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Myanmar language is an asset
DEADLINE: July 5, 2020