Request for Consultancy Offers: Fairtrade Video Series Hub
Project: GIZ COVID-19 Fair Trade Emergency Initiative
Funded by the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
Fairtrade’s approach enables farmers and workers to have more control over their lives and decide how to invest in their future. As a leader in the global movement to make trade fair, Fairtrade supports and challenges businesses and governments while connecting farmers and workers with the people who buy their products. By choosing Fairtrade, people can create change through their everyday actions.
In light of the recent pandemic, Fairtrade International has secured a grant from the German Government’s Development Agency GIZ/BMZ to deliver COVID19 prevention, relief and economic recovery interventions in 21 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia. The goal of the project is to mitigate the impact of the COVID19 pandemic on Fairtrade producers’ health, wellbeing and economic sustainability. The project will be implemented starting November 2020, with the relief based activities expected to end 28 February 2021. The remaining resilience activities will be implemented until the end of June 2021.
The project aims to: i) provide immediate relief to and support prevention of the further spread of the pandemic on at-risk producers and their wider communities in Latin America, Africa and Asia; as well as, ii) help producers recover from economic losses due to COVID19, maintain and diversify their supply chain relations, and ensure business continuity, food security and income generation for their members - thereby building producers’ resilience to future shocks and stresses.
As part of this project, a film series will be created to communicate the impact of the fund on the ground for Fairtrade certified producer organizations and their farmers. The video series will need to be available online in different countries, ideally through one unique platform/space which is distinct enough from other Fairtrade communication outputs.
The following are our expectations for what viewers/users should mainly be able to do:
- Stream the different video episodes, with a capacity to filter or select
- Read or link to complimentary information (copy)
- Sign up for a newsletter/email marketing to get more information about upcoming activities/new releases
- Capacity to easily share on social media
Please note we are open to have platforms that are already out there customized, including social media channels, and also having new sections to be placed within Fairtrade’s existing websites, etc.
However, we are trying to restrict the number of brand new websites within our online ecosystem and would prefer not to go via that path.
We are looking for a service provider that can help us design and develop this solution which will host a variety of brand new Fairtrade videos and basic content. Below are the requirements for the platform from an internal and external/user perspective. We would need support from the service provider in order to achieve them.
- Co-development of content map and navigation: we would need you to help us define how the hub can work and where content will be accessed from. We have internal experts that work on user experience and we would do this together with you. Please note that actual content such as copy, photography and videos will be developed and provided by Fairtrade.
- Ability to upload and manage content independently: The hub should not be static and updates need to be managed by the Fairtrade team as much as possible once it is built.
- Streaming movies: As a user I should be able to go on the site and select the episode I want to watch. I would be able to filter the videos via different categories.
- Language adaptation: As a user, the hub would ideally recognize where I am and show the content in my preferred language (including videos) or I would be asked to select my preferences and this will be stored for future accessibility/views.
- Social media feed: As a user I can see a feed where the content under the series hashtag appears.
- Ability to subscribe: As a user I should be able to subscribe to get email alerts/newsletter on this topic. Note all data requested will be covered by EU Data Protection legislation (GDPR)
The project will need to start end of February, to be completed in a period of three to four months. Please submit by January 29 your expression of interest with the following information:
- Expression of Interest with an overview of who you/your agency is. Stating why you are in a good position to take on this project
- List of past clients/references
- At least three examples of similar projects which have functionalities close to those outlined above.
- Other relevant work
- Rough planning with key milestones, including stages where you would require feedback or input from our side
- Budget breakdown listing cost per day in Euros. Please note we are looking at 10-15K budget as total.
- Team description and bios of who will be involved
The top three selected candidates will be invited to a one hour and a half pitch with the Fairtrade team. Afterwards the final candidate will be selected.
Applications should be sent to:email@example.com with subject line “Fairtrade COVID19 Communications tender: Video Series Hub”