Support Medair’s information management processes in Bangladesh. You will be called on to manage data for a variety of sectors, including shelter, nutrition and health and to help manage M&E indicators for each sector. On a day-to-day basis you would be involved in a wide variety of activities involving computer programming, data management, report creation, monitoring and evaluation.
Medair’s emergency response team and partner World Concern completed shelter and hygiene kit distributions for Rohingya refugees in November, 2017, and Medair is now transitioning into longer-term programming with a focus on nutrition, health and shelter services in the refugee camps.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Take a look at Medair’s work in Bangladesh
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months
Key Activity Areas
Data Collection & Data Entry
- Developing and updating Open Data Kits (ODK) forms to ensure high quality data collection.
- Keeping ODK training material up to date.
- Providing practical training for data enumerators and supervisors.
- Entering data into appropriate forms when necessary.
- Develop organizational capacity for multimedia and information alerting usage.
Data Protection and Data Management
- Be responsible for data accuracy and data cleaning.
- Implementing beneficiary data protection protocols.
Computer Programming & Tech Development
- Developing technical capacity with new tools and assisting others in the team to follow.
- Test, evaluate, and implement new technologies as necessary.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and M&E Reporting
- Analyse data to produce relevant indicators.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Using GIS, QLIK and other relevant software to produce information visuals.
- Produce automated Qlik Sense reports.
- Contribute information visuals to internal and external reporting.
Communication & Training
- Regular team communication and contribution.
- Recruit, train and manage teams of NRS enumerators.
- Follow appropriate IM standards and integrate lessons learned into the projects.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Degree in Computer Programming, Database Management, Systems & Computing (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Relevant professional experience working with information management (1 year).
- Experience using data for reporting purposes.
- Experience in use of tablets & smartphones and associated software.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Problem solving ability. Attention to detail. Capacity to manage personal stress levels.
- Aptitude, willingness and ability to learn data analysis and data management packages.
- Able to build trust and enforce procedures. Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Diplomatic and sensitive to humanitarian issues. Enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.