Job Title: Insight ERP Cutover Lead
Reports to: Director of Project Insight
Internal Title: Specialist I
Department: Strategy & Org Dev.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Baltimore, MD/Headquarters
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
About Project Insight:
Project Insight is CRS’ initiative to improve Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain functions, including through a global rollout of Oracle technology. Improved processes will make CRS more efficient; using timely, accurate data for decisions will make CRS more effective. By equipping our staff with tools for better stewardship, Insight will help us to better meet the needs of those we serve.
The Insight ERP Cutover Lead will lead activities related to the cutover of CRS in-scope business processes from legacy systems to a suite of Oracle cloud products. S/he will collaborate with the Insight project team to refine and then maintain an overall approach to cutover, documenting a common understanding of the building blocks and activities leading to the implementation of a dress rehearsal (i.e. end to end simulation of production cutover) as well as production cutover itself. S/he will lead activities to support the development of the blackout calendar, a detailed cutover workplan, cutover continuity and controlled ramp-up plans, and define and drive towards Go/No-go Criteria. Using these deliverables as a guide, the Insight ERP Cutover Lead will lead CRS colleagues through the successful implementation of cutover activities.
- Coordinate input from stakeholders to complete cutover specific deliverables and work products
- Refine and validate cutover approach and outline related work products and work plan activities
- Support the development of the blackout calendar and cutover plan
- Plan and manage dress rehearsal and production cutover
- Lead controlled ramp-up planning, go/no-go criteria
- Develop a risk management plan and ensure appropriate mitigation planning
- Provide process/procedure overviews for team members that will assist in managing cutover (i.e. lead command center shifts, implement cutover plan)
- Partner with change management resources to synchronize site readiness, communication, and learning activities with cutover activities
- Coordinate Cutover Continuity Plan development
- Identify and escalate project risks and issues to the PMO
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is in place and change control is followed
- Orient project team and stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of plans and activities
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Insight Director, IT Project Manager, Workstream Leads, Change Manager, Advisory Committee, Sponsors, stakeholders.
External: Vendor Cutover Lead, Other Vendor and Consultant Staff
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Accountability and Stewardship
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Seeks Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Applies a Strategic Mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, business, or IT related-field with prior experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in project management
- Experience with an information system cutover is preferred (either from a technical or functional perspective).
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite is essential; MS Project and SharePoint familiarity a plus.
- Experience working internationally preferred
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in Spanish, French or Arabic a plus
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong judgment for consulting horizontally and vertically
- Ability to work independently, think critically and analyze/resolve problems proactively.
- Exceptional organizational and process management skills
- Ability to work constructively with diverse stakeholders
- Proven discretion with confidential and sensitive issues
- Strong networking, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team-orientation and flexibility
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills
- High level of comfort with technology and eagerness to learn new tools
Physical Requirements/Environment: Normal conditions akin to an office environment, based in Baltimore at CRS Headquarters. Travel to CRS domestic or overseas locations may be required as part of the deployment plan.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.