Institutional Capacity Building Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The institutional capacity building advisor will be responsible to conduct capacity needs assessment of the Access to Information Commission (AIC), develop/implement action plans addressing the described capacity gaps. They will be responsible to lead, manage and coordinate on/off -the-job training and workshops, and AIC institutional capacity building with coordination of the relevant departments.
· Develop an institutional capacity needs assessment plan which include objectives, background, approach, methodology, outline of report sections, and next steps with a time frame
· Carry out a desk review of key documents provided by AIC
· Carry out consultation meetings with AMANAT staff and the AIC to determine the assessment methodology and scope
· Select the assessment tools as needed
· Carry out the assessment (collect documents and carry out meetings, interviews, Focus Group Discussions, and consultations)
· Analyze data and draft an assessment report for AMANAT and AIC (in English and Dari or Pashto) according to agreed outline
· Revise and finalize the report based on AMANAT and AIC feedback (in English and Dari or Pashto)
· Develop action plan to fill the capacity gaps and to strengthen capacity of AIC
· Lead, manage and deliver on/off -the-job trainings or workshops in specific areas identified in the need’s assessments
· Provide facilitation on training services and support AIC in designing training and other capacity building activities
· Lead development and finalization of training materials in consultation with subject matter experts and other team members, as required
· Capacity building planning, coordination and ensure capacity building plan is in compliance with the AIC strategies and policies
· Present and analyze innovative conceptual, technical, and methodological approaches for human resource development of AIC related to AIC needs
· Prepare, present, and discuss weekly/quarter/annual reports on the activities and results achieved
· Identify difficulties or limitations, and propose measures to solve them
· Any other duties/tasks assigned by the supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· A minimum five years of relevant experience required
· Previous experience on conducting on/off -the-job the job trainings or workshops with the government institutions/international organizations
· Previous experience in institutional capacity building is required
· Ability to work on a team
· Strong communications skills including effective listening
· Ability to problem solve
· Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and develop reports
· Ability to organize resources and establishing priorities
· Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
· Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
· Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices
· Fluency in English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking) required
Please submit application by no later than October 24, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com