Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Help the MOH assess and establish a more equitable system linking the ability to pay with insurance contributions and entitlements;
* Lead review and amend legislation packages related to the health insurance industry as necessary;
* Assist the government to create a national database/registry to track insurance subscriptions for all public and private insurance programs and supervise the team developing the register;
* Explore innovative approaches using smart card/eFile;
* Build capacity of the MOH, CIS, RMS and others to interface with the registry and ensure there are agreed upon protocols and procedures
* Strengthen relations between pooling mechanism entities;
* Work with the various pooling mechanisms leadership to build consensus unifying approaches and packages;
* Address entity concerns; assist with building agreement around approaches, protocols, and procedures.
* Conduct other activities as requested by Health Finance Advisor or COP.
* Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant area; Master’s Degree in Public Health or another relevant area and/or MD is preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in public health program management. Experience in training and capacity building. Experience in insurance sector required.
* Extensive experience working with public sector institutions, MOH, CIS, RMS and NGOs at various levels in the health sector in Jordan.
* Proven programmatic, technical and managerial ability and interpersonal communication skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous, nongovernmental, governmental, and international organizations within multiple socio-cultural contexts.
* Experience in account management and/or project management preferred.
* Knowledge of information/technology systems preferred.
* Work experience in health economics and outcomes research preferred
* Proficiency in MS Office applications and financial software designed for small and medium sized businesses.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
* Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision making
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact- the intentional creation and measurement of enduring social and economic value. For the past 50 years, we have worked with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved-and is committed to continuing to improve-businesses, economies, societies and most importantly people's lives.
In Jordan, Palladium is implementing the Health Finance and Governance Activity (HFGA), a 5 year cooperative agreement funded by USAID. The overall goal of HFGA is to promote a locally-led, politically smart, adaptive process to preserve Jordan's impressive gains in health, accelerate achievement of universal health coverage, and foster a more sustainable and resilient health sector capable of responding to current and future needs. The Palladium team-Palladium, ThinkWell, ECO Consult, and the Jordan Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD)-will leverage its relational and technical expertise to bolster the foundation for progress through an enabling policy environment and evidence to inform budgeting, financial management, policymaking, and monitoring. In doing so, HFGA seeks to empower the Ministry of Health (MOH), Royal Medical Services (RMS), High Health Council (HHC), and public, private, civil society, and donor partners to promote more efficient and equitable health finance and governance.