Vacancy No: VN515
Job Title: Intern, Governance
Purpose of Position: Develop a framework for a Gavi Board member Alumni Network in order to keep former Board members engaged with Gavi’s work and activities
Reporting to: Director, Governance
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
- Develop a framework for the establishment of an Alumni Network of former Gavi Board members;
- This will include a mechanism for maintaining regular communication with the Alumni Network and proposed materials e.g. CEO Updates, news briefings, etc. and activities to ensure the regular engagement with former Board members in relation to Gavi’s work e.g. representation of Gavi in certain influential fora, country visits, support with five-year replenishment, annual dinner with CEO and Board Chair, etc.
- Investigate if any such examples exist anywhere else and how any of the structures, lessons, etc. might be replicated or modelled in Gavi;
- Brainstorm thoughts and ideas with Director, Governance in a creative way with constructive, practical suggestions/proposals and (as appropriate) with the CEO;
- Gather and verify data and current contact information of former Board members in anticipation of being in contact with them as the Alumni Network is tested with former Board members to ascertain their interest;
- Consider activities where the Alumni Network or is individual members could be usefully involved in Gavi’s work on a limited basis and propose suggested ways in which regular communication and updates on Gavi’s activities can be shared with the Alumni;
- Develop a simple but practical framework to establish the Alumni Network that can be readily put into place and easily maintained by the Governance Team;
- It is envisaged that the intern may be requested to assist with some routine administrative activities in the Governance Team during the course of this assignment, mainly to help familiarise them with some of the activities and issues to consider in the course of this assignment.
- Self-starter and willingness to work under limited supervision as appropriate and to be proactive;
- Excellent written skills and strong eye for detail in terms of accuracy and coherency;
- Creative thinker and familiar with formal network building e.g. university alumni clubs, social networks and societies, etc.
- Ability to work well within a team in a multicultural setting and ability to work under pressure and to multitask and to work tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Bachelor/Master in international relations, political science, business or related field.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.