Type of Engagement: 3-month fixed term contract.
Salary: £12 per hour, based on a 35-hour week.
An engaging opportunity in Abt Associates’ London office has opened for an International Development (ID) Intern. This position will be for three months and is an ideal way for someone studying or recently graduated to gain experience with a dynamic and expanding organisation in international development.
The role will be fast-paced and hands-on as you help grow Abt’s operations in the UK and across Africa and Asia. This brings extensive learning opportunities across different facets of the business in a global, flexible working environment. The ID Intern will support the identification and tracking of new business opportunities and support a broad range of tender preparation activities, including: market research, preparing tender agreements, and reviewing, editing and formatting tender documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting market research to inform business development strategy
- Supporting the identification and tracking of potential business opportunities
- Support tender preparation and proposal management activities in accordance, including but not limited to:
- Supporting pre-tender capture planning and activities
- Supporting the oversight all aspects of the proposal process (e.g. proposal inputs, schedules, budgets, staffing plans, )
- Supporting international proposal teams across different geographies and time zones
- Contributing to proposal content
- Supporting the identification and recruitment of personnel
- Supporting the identification of partners and management of their proposal inputs
- Formatting and reviewing CVs
- Administrative duties to support business development activities
The International Development Intern will have:
- A Degree in progress, or recently completed in economic development, public policy, international development, or other relevant area
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to summarise and analyse information
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated organisational and computer skills, including a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- An understanding of the DFID or FCO tendering process highly desirable.
Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference available online.
The closing date for applications is 20/04/2020.
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in UK.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.