The International Human Resources (HR) Manager will lead the development, delivery and coordination of human resource services and manage the implementation of human resource programs across our foundation countries. In partnership with the field international staff, the International HR Manager will advise on all aspects of international HR including employee relations, development and implementation of policies and procedures and country specific handbooks, recruiting support, performance management, training, an other support of field offices requested.
- Serve as subject matter expert for local labor laws in assigned region; partner with field office personnel to interpret labor laws and US government regulations to ensure compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Oversee human resource program and policies for field offices including staffing, compensation, benefits and training.
- Provides advice and coaching to Regional Directors and in country staff on all Human Resource related matters including hiring, termination, performance evaluations, recruitment, employee relations and organizational policy, both US-based and international.
- Serves as a member of the Human Resources team collaborating on the development of HR activities, policies, strategy and annual departmental goals.
- Orients Expatriate and Third Country National staff to ORG as well as to HR international policies and procedures.
- Answer all human resources questions and inquiries and makes referrals to appropriate human resources professional when required. This will include establishing relationships within country resources for country specific questions.
- Work with benefits, recruitment and payroll staff to ensure proper administration of benefits and allowance, payroll data, and changes to Ex-pat & TCN employee information; development and updating of local HR salary scales.
- Working closely with the OSI General Counsel and in country experts, develops understanding of country specific labor laws and creates handbooks and employment contracts that are compliant with local labor laws and Operation Smile policies.
- Supporting Managers in the development of staff.
- Managing the recruitment process; this includes assistance with the preparation of job descriptions, the posting of job vacancies in various locations, creating recruitment strategies. In some instances will also short list applications, arrange interviews and provide assistance in the interview process, and obtain references for applicants.
- Develop compensation programs and strategies that allow foundations to attract and retain the best talent. Create a salary band for positions across countries.
- Manage all International Employment and Staffing Contracts.
- Assist with obtaining proper VISA for expat staff working abroad and other TCN employees.
- Carrying out other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a field relevant to Human Resources.
- At least 5 years related experience as HR professional, with minimum of 3 years of international HR experience in a multi-national/multi-culture organization preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiarity with HRIS systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels
- Superior organizational, planning and analytical skills with attention to details, demonstrated sound judgment, and ability to manage simultaneous priorities under tight deadlines.
- GPHR, CEBS, PHR, or SPHR certifications highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to apply discretion and handle sensitive confidential information.
- Must be resourceful and a strong researcher.
- Willingness and ability to travel to developing countries. (Potential 15% of time)
- Fluency in English required, multi-language a plus.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Possess valid passport
About the Organization
Operation Smile, Inc. (OSI) has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip and cleft palate. With more than three decades of expertise, OSI creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, OSI has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated. Visit operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.operationsmile.org/content/careers.