Iraq Conflict/Stabilization Expert, 100 Solutions for Stability Performance Evaluation, Erbil, Iraq
In July 2020, MSI commenced implementation of Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), an Activity designed to provide performance management support to USAID/Iraq. One of the areas of PMES support is Evaluations and Assessments Services. Under this component, PMES has been requested by USAID/Iraq to undertake the performance evaluation of 100 Solutions for Stability, a USAID-financed activity that is being implemented as part the Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) Project. The performance evaluation of 100 Solutions will take place over a period of four years, from 2021 through 2024 with baseline, mid-point, ex-point data collection and analysis in select communities in the first three cohorts, and reports to USAID.
MSI is seeking an Iraq Conflict and Stabilization Expert (the Consultant) to provide subject-matter expertise on the Evaluation Team for the Performance Evaluation of 100 Solutions for Stability. The consultant will participate in all phases of the evaluation, supporting the Evaluation Team Leader (TL) and the entire Evaluation Team to conduct the evaluation. The Consultant will report to the evaluation Team Leader under the technical oversight of the PMES Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and is expected to work closely the entire evaluation team. The evaluation will take place over a period of approximately three years, with over 100 days of LOE spread out over that period. Work is expected to commence mid-March 2021.
· Help to develop the evaluation framework,
· Fine-tune the evaluation questions
· Design the methodology and data collection strategy
· Develop and test the evaluation tools and guides
· Prepare a data analysis cross-walk matrix to the learning questions
· Help to finalize evaluation design and data collection tools
· Assist with the interview of key stakeholders
· Carry out focus group discussions
· Participate in the analysis of transcripts
· Analyze data, write sections of the report and assist in presenting main findings for USAID
· Support in responding to USAID comments on the draft report
· Support team in submitting a final report to USAID mission
· Master’s degree in a relevant discipline required; PhD preferred
· A minimum of five years’ experience in the sector
· A minimum of five years experience conducting research or working in the sector and/or in the development sector specifically managing, assessing, evaluating conflict/stabilization programs
· Specific experience in evaluation of foreign assistance with organizations like USAID, the United Nations, or the World Bank preferred
· A professional/research background in Iraq conflict and stabilization issues, including work experience in Iraq
· Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues required
· Strong understanding of the Iraqi context
· Demonstrated ability to design and manage the data collection process, including conducting, coding, analyzing KIIs, FGD, undertake program needs analysis and provide concrete practical recommendations for moving forward
· Knowledge of USAID and other international donors that invest in conflict and stabilization
· Fluency in Arabic required.
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English required
· Strong written and oral communication skills in Kurdish preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.