The IT Program Manager will assist ACCION’s microfinance partner in Brazil with deploying and managing technology to support their business strategy. S/he will have management responsibility for all IT related ACCION project in Brazil. Areas of focus may include:
- Core banking and enterprise software selection and implementation;
- Planning and deployment of specific banking related technology such as ATMs, POS devices, etc.;
- Deploying workflow and business process automation tools;
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning;
- Managing data center design, build-out, and expansions;
- Network infrastructure design and deployment;
- Voice and data communications provisioning;
- Monitoring and improvement of IT infrastructure security, reliability, internal controls, and risk management; and
- Establishing and measuring return-on-investment for IT projects.
The position will be responsible for working in a collaborative fashion with our partner’s IT team to provide on-site IT strategy, implementation and project management support. It will also collaborate closely with ACCION’s functional specialists in lending, risk management, distribution channels, remittances, and other areas.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide immediate project management for a core-banking system implementation in Columbia, including requirements, gap analysis, customization, rollout planning, vendor management, post-go live issue resolution, and project status reports.
- Provide planning and support of IT infrastructures for new Accion MFI startup in Brazil.
- Collaborate with functional areas and leading Accion partners to develop innovative ways to drive efficiency, lower transaction costs, reach difficult to serve populations, and improve product offerings.
- Work closely with MFI partners’ management, users, and the IT Heads to prepare and execute project plan(s).
- Projects completed on time and on budget with the required functionality.
- Early and accurate identification of project risks and issues, along with an appropriate change in course to address each one.
- Bank IT departments staffed and trained, including appropriate vendor knowledge transfer.
- Establish IT infrastructure metrics, with appropriate monitoring, collation, and benchmarking for partner MFIs.
- Rollout of collaborative projects with functional areas that address industry bottlenecks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Extensive IT management experience in a commercial banking environment.
- Familiarity with enterprise application implementation, integration, and management.
- Ability to bridge business strategy and operational drivers with IT capabilities.
- Experience in a 7x24 IT operations environment, including data center management, application and network monitoring, and establishing IT performance metrics.
- Superior project management and people management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent managerial, organizational and analytical expertise.
- Operating and P&L experience running a line of business is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to interact with and manage across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel as required to support active projects.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English required. Spanish is a plus.
- At least ten years of information technology management experience.
- At least five years of experience in a banking IT environment.
- Formal project management training and experience leading IT projects; PMI certification is desirable.
- Previous hands on technical experience in software development, database design and implementation; a degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- Exposure to TQM or other process improvement techniques.
- Business process and application integration experience highly desirable.
- International experience working in developing countries.
Applications: Please submit letter of interest and resume online at
ACCION International is a U.S. non-profit organization whose mission is to bring commercially viable, market-driven financial services to the working poor and their families. Over the past 25 years, ACCION’s technical assistance teams have helped build and strengthen some of the most successful microlending institutions (MFIs) in the world. ACCION has championed a market-based approach that enables MFIs to become profitable, permanent parts of the financial systems in the countries where they operate. ACCION works with more than 25 partner MFIs in Latin America, the Caribbean, India and Africa and is expanding into other regions in Asia and the Middle East. ACCION’s staff includes teams of experienced microfinance specialists based in the United States and in regional offices in Bogotá, Colombia and Bangalore, India, as well as resident advisors living in country and working side-by-side with local management.