MSH is seeking a self-directed and reliable technical professional with experience in technical support, desktop systems management, Operating System deployment and network security, and Unified Communication and operations.
The IT Support Technician’s primary responsibility is to provide quality support and service delivery to end-users for new and existing systems and technologies. The IT Support Technician works directly under the supervision of the IS Support Manager, and in close collaboration with other IT staff, to ensure that MSH’s IT technologies and systems are well-maintained, that quality operations and services are provided in a timely manner, and that there is continuous improvement of the end-users experience, service delivery, and knowledge transfer.
Service Desk Support (45%)
- Account Management On-Boarding, off-boarding.
- Conduct on-boarding orientation.
- Provide research and prompt support to complicated service desk tickets.
- Call Pilot Management and Configuration.
- Accurate Assignment of service desk tickets.
- Answer helpdesk calls and Accurate Assigning Tickets (Calls, Walk-in).
- Respond promptly to helpdesk requests based on SLAs and SOPs.
- Ensure photocopy and printers functionality and prompt support based on SOP.
- Office suite applications support.
Project Implementation (20%)
- Conduct Google Apps maintenance and training.
- Implement and monitor service desk management system.
- Upgrade Hardware Image based on checklist.
- Maintain on-boarding and off-boarding SLAs and SOPs.
- Implement and monitor End Point security software.
- Implement and monitor MS patch releases.
- Dispose of old IT equipment.
Communication/Conferencing technologies/Collaboration (15%)
- Ensure conference room equipment is functional and organized while keeping user’s guide up-to-date.
- Routine conference monitoring and enhancing based on checklist and users feedback.
- Conduct quarterly training in use of conference room technology.
- Provide routine training for specific technologies as needed.
Inventory Management (10%)
- Keep inventory up-to-date.
- Physical Inventory of IT assets and prep for disposal.
- Set uo loaner laptops (10 laptops available and functioning).
- Monitor loaner laptops.
- Submit Purchase Requests as needed.
- Verify order against PR.
Qualifications and Experience
- Network backup outside procedure.
- Quarterly touch-base meeting to go over PPRD goals.
- Attend bi-weekly IS staff meetings and participate actively.
- On-time submission of timesheet.
- On-time submission of PPRD and Goals update.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Networking fundamentals, Account managements, Voice and video conferencing, printers.
- Has knowledge and experience of ITIL service operations principles, including incident/event management, service request and delivery, problem, and change management processes.
- A+ Google apps and Microsoft certifications are desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in mid to enterprise setting, working in an information technology position providing support to users for office technologies.
- Ability to work under a flexible schedule and pressure, with limited supervision.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and work well with users of various skill levels.
- Strong customer support and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows 10, Office Suite. Training Certification is a plus.
- Strong experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting MS Windows, and other office software and applications.
- Knowledge and experience with office and cloud-based technology infrastructure such as networks, LAN/WAN, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Voice, Printers, Copiers, and basic network configurations and troubleshooting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail and end-user experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to determine the resolution best-suited for each situation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Lifting IT equipment <10lbs.
- Willing to travel if required.
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health, an international nonprofit organization, is dedicated to closing the gap between what is known and what is done about public health problems. MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of more than 2,000 people from 73 nations. Their mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with their partners, they are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
MSH takes an integrated approach to building high-impact sustainable programs that address critical challenges in leadership, health systems management, human resources, and medicines. Simply put, they support stronger health systems for greater health impact.
Their expertise in these areas falls into the broad categories of management functions—for example, leadership and governance or pharmaceutical management—and health areas like tuberculosis or maternal, newborn, and child health. They apply their expertise by
- Partnering with governments, local organizations, and communities in developing nations to build their own capacity for long-term health impact;
- Providing global leadership in critical areas of health management and health care delivery;
- Bringing the best of MSH from around the globe to the people we serve, working as One MSH with a focus on lasting health system improvements.
Leadership, Governance, & Management
They work with in-country partners to build stronger health systems to improve:
- the management and leadership of priority health programs, health organizations, and multisectoral partnerships such as The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, developing a critical mass of managers at all levels of the health system who can lead and inspire teams to achieve results;
- the management systems of health organizations in the public and private sector, transferring practical approaches and skills to ensure that management structures contribute to sustainable organizational success;
- the governance and management of health organizations and multisectoral partnerships, facilitating change and transferring knowledge to enable organizations to administer their resources efficiently and scale up their services.
Health Service Delivery
MSH combines extensive public health expertise, proven service delivery approaches, and evidence-based interventions in five critical areas:
- HIV & AIDS
- Maternal, newborn, and child health
- Family planning and reproductive health
- Other communicable diseases, including malaria and pandemic and avian influenza
Human Resources for Health
MSH helps governments develop multisectoral strategies and policies to plan and manage their health workforces. We use a comprehensive approach that addresses all the facets of human resources for health needed to achieve an adequate supply of well-trained and motivated health workers. MSH offers capabilities in leadership, human resource management, education, partnerships, policy, and finance to achieve these goals.
Vital to our success is a participatory approach to project design and implementation, which cultivates broad-based support from all stakeholders. We also build and improve infrastructure and local capacity to effectively purchase, store, deliver, and use quality essential medicines.
Health Care Financing
MSH helps governments and NGOs assess their current financial situation and systems, understand service costs, and develop initiatives to use existing funds more effectively and generate additional revenue—all with the goal of supporting a nation’s health priorities.
MSH has developed proven methods for rapidly strengthening the analysis and use of existing health data—normally at the province, district, and facility levels—without revising existing recording and reporting requirements. With an emphasis on learning through action, district teams undertake assessments of health services, identify gaps in performance, and design solutions to support better decision-making and, therefore, better management of improved services.
MSH has worked closely with the Health Metrics Network of the WHO to develop a comprehensive approach for enhancing the performance of health information systems and data by employing a practical, strategic planning process that can be carried out by national working groups.