• Be a trailblazer for the judicial sector.
• Join the team in completing the court automation system.
• Urgent hiring
Join an international organization working with cutting-edge technology to strengthen access to justice in the Philippines! We are seeking Programmers to create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces for Philippine courts. The Java Programmer will be an integral member of a fast-paced, highly-qualified team of Philippine and international professionals working with the Judiciary to enhance legal case processing times and strengthen access to justice in the Philippines.
Programmer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; strudying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completed applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownershipp for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
6-18 months of previous experience using the following skills/qualifications:
- Code using Java (J2SE and/or J2EE), MVC, Hibernate, Spring, HTML, JSP, CSS, JS (jQuery),
- Some knowledge in deploying web applications in Tomcat (Ubuntu or Windows server),
- Extensive knowledge in Eclipse,
- Basic knowledge in MySQL Workbench,
- Have some experience with SVN and/or Git,
- Have a teamwork attitude,
- Have good verbal and written English communication skills and Tagalog,
- Have a sense of web user interface design,
- Prepare software requirements specification,
- Prepare software development process and detailed code documentation
- Knowledge of JIRA and familiar with SCRUM methodology
- Willingness to travel within the Philippines
Interested candidates may send their resume with a cover letter on or before October 20, 2017. Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html