Project title: EU for Serbia - Support to the Prosecutorial System
Brief description: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the advancement of Serbia’s judicial system and Rule of Law in line with the EU accession requirements.
The purpose of the project is to strengthen the capacities of the State Prosecutorial Council (SPC) and Republic Public Prosecutor’s Office (RPPO) in key areas for the execution of their mandate, including enhancing the managerial skills of the SPC and RPPO staff, monitor and manage PPOs, daily operations, to develop mechanism for career development of prosecutors, and to improve the effectiveness of disciplinary proceedings.
Results to be achieved:
- Result 1: Enhanced strategic planning, human resources and financial management capacity and skills of the SPC and RPPOs and its staff and streamlining the relevant policies, decision making structures, internal procedures and workflows.
- Result 2: Enhanced effectiveness of merit-based career development policy, the evaluation system and procedures within prosecutorial system.
- Result 3: Human resources strategic documents for SPC and PPOs are produced.
- Result 4: Effectiveness of cooperation between SPC and PPOs is enhanced.
Based in Belgrade, Key Expert 2 will provide support to the Team Leader in the overall implementation of the project
The Key Expert in Judicial Administration Reform shall, in the absence of the Team Leader, also be in charge of contacts and communication with the Contracting Authority and for communication and negotiation with all key stakeholders.
Commencement date of the project: (provisionally) September 2020
Duration of the assignment: minimum 400 working days over 24 months
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law;
- A post-graduate degree (Master’s and/or PhD) in law, economics, HR, political science will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of post-graduate professional experience in the field of judicial administration.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate professional experience working with prosecutors’ offices on aspects related to judicial efficiency, on improving working processes and procedures and performance management, including through IT software;
- Experience in drafting operational manuals and/or rulebooks and/or rules of procedure for prosecutors’ offices;
- Knowledge of the Republic of Serbia justice sector normative and institutional framework will be considered as an advantage.