Democracy and Governance – Judicial Decisions and Publication Specialist – Economic Courts Activity, Egypt
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Judicial Decisions and Publication Specialist position on the USAID-funded Economic Courts Activity in the Arabic Republic of Egypt.
The purpose of this project is to support the Economic Courts of Egypt improve its ability to resolve cases quickly and transparently, consistent with international standards. This is a five- year term position and the program will be based in Cairo.
* Working directly under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Judicial Decisions and Publications Specialist will lead Objective 2 of the Economic Courts Activity: Transparency.
* The individual will:
· Analyze the current process for decision record keeping.
· Facilitate decisions on ways to improve quality and access to decisions by judges, court staff, court users, and the public.
· Advise on design and implementation of systems to collect the existing information on decisions and judicial publications in a database.
· Support the strengthening and improvement of sentences issued by the judges.
* Bachelor’s in, law, social science or related field.
* Minimum three years’ experience in legal research.
* Fluency in spoken and written Arabic required.
* Working knowledge of English required.
* Egyptian nationals only.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.