Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
As a member of IRI’s Finance team, the Junior Financial Specialist will provide support to IRI’s Field Offices and DC Finance team.
- Bachelors or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant experience in a finance role.
- Professional experience with expense report review and regulation compliance.
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, and ability to work under time pressures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program goals.
- NGO experience foreign language fluency preferred.
- Bookkeeping experience required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Reviews expenses submitted by the field offices for reasonableness and compliance with GAAP, funder, and IRI regulations.
- Provides IRI process support on employee setup, AP bills, entries and approvals, expense reports and program reports.
- Supports Program Accountants in award management.
- Ensures and controls information uploaded to Sharepoint on Field Offices.
- Collects information from Regional Financial Specialists (RFS) on outstanding items related to all Field Offices processes.
- Conducts financial review of field offices.
- Controls the process of opening and closing of field offices.
- Assists Field Accountants and Resident Program Directors in the local audit and funder reviews of the field offices.
- Remains in constant communication with field offices and RFS’.
- Comunicaciones with DC Finance team and provides constant updates on any issues, questions, or concerns in the Field Offices.
- Provides temporary support to other Field Offices when another Regional Financial Specialist is on leave.
- Processes necessary financial transactions for Field Offices operating without Field Accountant.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.