Project: EU leading the global energy transition
The action will establish a solid basis for expanding and deepening the EU’s energy diplomacy beyond the core group of countries with which it is interacting actively through multilateral structures or bilateral agreements. The action will allow the EU and its MS to make available their expertise on the energy transition and, in general, complement existing energy and political dialogues and cooperation instruments in a wide variety of countries.
Purpose: To support the European Union in leading the global energy transition as a building block of achieving the external dimension of the overarching political priority of the European Green Deal. To promote the European Union and its Member States’ approach, technical knowledge, rules and experience in energy transition in specific partner countries and to promote business opportunities for EU’s industries in sustainable energy technologies.
Junior Non-key experts
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the subject of the specific assignment within this project.
- Minimum of 5 years full-time proven post-graduate relevant experience to the assignment;
- Minimum 3 years specific experience related to the specific country and/or thematic of the assignment;
Non-Key experts can be mobilised to cover specific needs arising from the project in various technical areas, including at least:
- European Energy policies - Sustainable energy and energy efficiency, system integration, energy markets,
- Energy transition and decarbonisation of the energy sector, Energy efficiency technical expertise
- Renewable energy technical expertise
- Environmental assessment
- Governance frameworks and engagement
- Social media management
- Event management
- Advocacy and outreach
- Any other sector as deemed relevant.
The operational base for the project shall be in Brussels, Belgium. To accommodate for the evolving measures in view of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, the contractor will be allowed to have its staff telework or work from other base with consideration for easy mobilisation, with prior approval by the Contracting Authority. In any case, travelling to Brussels and related costs are included in the fees.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1 October 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.