Job DescriptionWhat will you do?
Recognizing the value of a learning culture, the USAID Bureau for Food Security (BFS) intends to increase its capacity for knowledge-sharing and learning through the Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning and Training (KDLT) activity.
The KDLT activity is designed to provide BFS (and the evolving RFS)—including its various offices and teams, Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners—with concrete support, tools and activities.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a skilled knowledge management and learning professional to work directly with clients on conceptualizing, systematizing, and implementing their KM and OL efforts. One key area of support is to assist the emerging BFS Ag-Led Growth Center Transition Team (ALG TT) in strengthening internal KM and learning systems, processes and knowledge flows as BFS transitions to RFS. The other area is to provide support to KDLT’S work with the USAID Office of Food for Peace on knowledge management and learning activities, such as learning events, After-Action reviews and technical assistance to strengthen internal capacity.
- Play a key role in advising the ALG TT in its knowledge management and learning activities.
- Assist the ALG TT to align/create and manage its strategies, programming, policy and analytics agenda and structures/processes to support strong knowledge management practices and organizational development systems within the new RFS structure. Tasks to include organizing/systematizing existing resource repositories, assessing knowledge needs and gaps, identifying opportunities, supporting implementation of recommendations and managing continuous KM improvement.
- Support and/or advise on strategic engagement in relevant inter-agency and intra-agency communities of practice.
- Ensure that KM practices and organizational development systems allow USAID ALG TT staff to maintain deep technical expertise in tandem with building the ability to harness knowledge from the entire ALG team.
- Gather learning about KM and organizational development support needs from the ALG TT experience that will inform potential long-term positions and resource needs in ALG and other RFS centers, as well as additional support needs and KM solutions at the Bureau level.
- Support KDLT’s work with the USAID Office of Food for Peace to help strengthen internal systems (processes, practices and direct technical support) that will enhance program-level knowledge and learning generation, exchange and application.
- Potentially support USAID Office of Food for Peace to strengthen program quality through improved collaborating, learning and adapting processes and practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
Perks & Benefits:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus 6 years of experience, or a master’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience.
- Mid-level professional with adaptable KM/organizational learning and organizational development skillset.
- Skills in facilitating KM tools and processes (such as webinars, after-action reviews, strategic meetings, surveys, KM platforms/websites, Google docs management, etc.).
- Experience working with clients to evaluate KM needs, identify opportunities to improve KM systems, processes, and culture, and implement recommendations.
- Significant knowledge of the KM and OL fields, with confidence in discussing and applying various KM and OL models and approaches.
- Experience leading efforts to organize knowledge on various digital platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with knowledge exchange platforms such as Adobe Connect.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills.
- Savvy with organizational culture and comfort with uncertainty and dynamic contexts.
- Prior work with USAID and international development strongly preferred.
- Some background/knowledge/prior exposure to agriculture or economic development useful, but not required.
- Ability to qualify for a Facilities Access USAID Badge (low level clearance).
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
About the OrganizationWho we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.